Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
09 January 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 09 Jan 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Task Force Lightning Soldier Killed
- Terrorists Killed, Detained in Iraq; Weapons Discovered AFPS 09 Jan 2007 -- At least three insurgents were killed, an al Qaeda cell leader was captured, and other suspected terrorists were detained through several recent operations in Iraq, military officials reported.
- EOD Soldiers train Iraqi Army counterparts Army News 09 Jan 2007 -- Soldiers from the 18th Explosive Ordinance Disposal Company, based at Fort Bragg, N.C., assumed the role of mentor and observer to 15 troops from the 2nd Iraqi Army Division who then demonstrated their abilities by conducting an operation to destroy unexploded ordnance Jan. 7
- Operations Conducted to Restore Iraqi Security Force Control MNF-I 09 Jan 2007 -- Early today, approximately 1000 Iraqi Army and coalition forces began a joint operation in Taleel Square.
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Jan. 9 AFPN 09 Jan 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Jan. 9.
- Iraqi, US Forces Kill Dozens of Militants in Central Baghdad VOA 09 Jan 2007 -- Iraqi government forces, backed by U.S. troops have exchanged heavy fire with militants in a Sunni area in the center of Baghdad
- Airpower strikes insurgent stronghold in Iraq AFPN 09 Jan 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces air and space power supported coalition actions in Operation Iraqi Freedom with F-16 Fighting Falcon, F-15E Strike Eagle and B-1 Lancer aircraft that dropped precision munitions Jan. 8 on a known insurgent stronghold south of Balad Ruz, Iraq.
- MND-B engages in anti-insurgent operation Multi-National Division MNF-I 09 Jan 2007 -- Early today Iraqi Army and coalition forces began a joint operation in Taleel Square.
- Iraqi, US Forces Battle Gunmen in Central Baghdad VOA 09 Jan 2007 -- Iraqi police say a fierce gun battle raged in central Baghdad Tuesday.
- IRAQ: Najaf provides land for displaced IRIN 09 Jan 2007 -- Local authorities in Iraq's southern city of Najaf, 200 km south of the capital, Baghdad, are allotting pieces of land to displaced families from outside the province as well as to some residents.
- New Video Shows Hussein's Body After Hanging RFE/RL 09 Jan 2007 -- A new video showing the body of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein shortly after his December 30 hanging has appeared on the Internet, amid continuing anger over how Iraqi authorities handed the former leader's execution.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list