08 January 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 08 Jan 2007 [PDF]
- Troops Attacked North of Baghdad
- Task Force Lightning Soldier killed in Salah Ad Din
- Airmen killed during combat operations AFPN 08 Jan 2007
- DoD Identifies Air Force Casualties
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Jan. 8 AFPN 08 Jan 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Jan. 8.
- Gunmen Kill Airport Workers in Baghdad Ambush VOA 08 Jan 2007 -- Iraqi officials say gunmen have ambushed a bus of workers heading to Baghdad's international airport.
- Gunmen Kill 9 Workers on Bus to Baghdad Airport, Iraqi Forces Kill 23 Militants in Capital VOA 08 Jan 2007 -- Iraqi officials say gunmen have ambushed a bus carrying workers to Baghdad's international airport, killing at least nine people and wounding about 10 others.
- USS Bataan Deploys in Support of MSO Navy NewsStand 08 Jan 2007 -- The multipurpose amphibious assault ship, USS Bataan (LHD 5), departed her homeport Jan. 4 as the flagship of the Bataan Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) for a regularly scheduled six-month deployment.
- New Bush Iraq Plan to Be Unveiled in Wednesday Speech VOA 08 Jan 2007 -- President Bush will unveil his revised Iraq strategy in a televised speech to the American people on Wednesday
- House Committee Leaders Announce Foreign Policy Priorities Washington File 08 Jan 2007 -- As the 110th Congress gets under way, military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan will be a focus of the four House committees with primary responsibility for foreign relations and military matters, according to committee chairmen.
- Bush Nominating New Ambassadors to the United Nations and Iraq Washington File 08 Jan 2007 -- The Bush administration announced its intention to nominate Zalmay Khalilad, current U.S. ambassador to Iraq, to be its ambassador to the United Nations, and Ryan Crocker, ambassador to Pakistan, to succeed Khalilzad in Baghdad.
- Ambassador Nominations Complete Iraq Policy Shakeup VOA 08 Jan 2007 -- President Bush Monday completed a shake-up of key Iraq policy posts by nominating new U.S. ambassadors to the United Nations and Baghdad.
- U.S.: Debate Over New Iraq Plan Heats Up RFE/RL 08 Jan 2007 -- The war of words is heating up in Washington ahead of U.S. President George W. Bush's expected unveiling this week of a new strategy for Iraq.
- UN: Number of Displaced Iraqis Highest in Mideast Since 1948 VOA 08 Jan 2007 -- The U.N. refugee agency says the number of Iraqis fleeing violence in their country is the largest displacement of people in the Middle East in over half a century
- IRAQ: Displaced urge Iraqi Red Crescent to return IRIN 08 Jan 2007 -- Displaced families in the capital, Baghdad, have urged the Iraqi Red Crescent Society to continue supporting people who have been displaced as a result of sectarian violence.
- Genocide Trial of Former Iraqi Officials Resumes VOA 08 Jan 2007 -- The trial of former Iraqi leaders accused of genocide in the mass killings of Iraqi Kurds in the 1980s has resumed in Baghdad.
- Iraq Humanitarian and Reconstruction Assistance Updates USAID 08 Jan 2007 [PDF]
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|