04 January 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Security patrol attacked
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Jan. 4 AFPN 04 Jan 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Jan. 4.
- Security forces Airmen help shape Iraq's future AFPN 04 Jan 2007 -- When members of the 732nd Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron's Detachment 7 go to work, they hit the streets of Baghdad right along side the Iraqi police.
- Iraqi, Coalition Troops Detain Suspects, Find Weapons AFPS 04 Jan 2007 -- Iraqi and coalition forces detained five suspected terrorists and found numerous weapons caches in operations throughout Iraq today and in recent days, military officials reported.
- Bush Wishes Saddam Execution Was More Dignified VOA 04 Jan 2007 -- U.S. President George Bush says he wishes Saddam Hussein's execution had been more dignified
- White House Urges 'Appropriate Care' in Iraq Executions VOA 04 Jan 2007 -- The White House is urging Iraqi officials to handle the execution of two of Saddam Hussein's co-defendants with what it calls "appropriate care."
- Iraq: Uncertainty Grows Over Execution Date For Hussein Aides RFE/RL 04 Jan 2007 -- Uncertainty is growing over when the Baghdad government will hang the two top aides of Saddam Hussein who were sentenced to death along with him in November.
- Iraq: Hussein Execution Video Proves Damaging For Premier RFE/RL 04 Jan 2007 -- Following the release of unauthorized video footage showing former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein being taunted before his execution, Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has ordered an inquiry into who was responsible for the footage
- Saddam Execution Video Scandal Fuels Reactions VOA 04 Jan 2007 -- An Iraqi official says the person suspected to have secretly recorded video of Saddam Hussein's execution on a mobile phone camera has been arrested
- Iraqi Official: More Arrests Expected From Saddam Execution Video VOA 04 Jan 2007 -- Iraq's national security advisor says at least two more arrests can be expected in connection with the unauthorized video of Saddam Hussein's execution.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 04 Jan 2007 [PDF]
- Brown 'to refocus' UK foreign policy away from Iraq debacle IRNA 04 Jan 2007 -- Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown will seek to refocus Britain's foreign policy away from the debacle in Iraq if, as expected, he succeeds Tony Blair as prime minister later this year.
- Kidnappers in Iraq Release Video of US, Austrian Hostages VOA 04 Jan 2007 -- Kidnappers in Iraq have released a videotape of five Western private security contractors abducted in southern Iraq almost seven weeks ago.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|