04 December 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 04 Dec 2006 [PDF]
- Two Soldiers killed, two others wounded
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Announces Army Soldier as Duty Status Whereabouts Unknown
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Dec. 4 AFPN 04 Dec 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Dec. 4.
- Iraqi Forces Capture Insurgents; Iraqi Children Wounded by Rocket Attack AFPS 04 Dec 2006 -- Iraqi forces captured eight suspected insurgents and provided security in a northern Iraqi town, coalition forces foiled a mortar attack, and two Iraqi children were wounded by a rocket-propelled-grenade attack yesterday and Dec. 2 throughout Iraq, military officials reported.
- US Helicopter in Iraq Comes Down in Water VOA 04 Dec 2006 -- The U.S. military in Iraq says one Marine died and three others are missing after a military helicopter made an emergency landing into water in western Iraq.
- Canadian Ship Rescues 18 in Persian Gulf Navy NewsStand 04 Dec 2006 -- Her Majesty's Canadian Ship (HMCS) Ottawa rescued all 18 crew members of a sinking Indian-flagged dhow Dec. 1 after receiving a distress call in the Southern Persian Gulf.
- NMCB 74 "Empowers" Iraqi Police Navy NewsStand 04 Dec 2006 -- Seabees from Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 74 aided members of the Iraqi Police Nov. 30 by providing much needed electrical work at the police station in Zangora, a small town on the outskirts of Ramadi.
- Oiler Completes Japan's 700th Refueling in Arabian Sea Navy NewsStand 04 Dec 2006 -- Japanese oiler JDS Mashu (AOE 425), part of Escort Division 8, conducted a replenishment at sea with the German navy frigate, FGS Schleswig-Holstein (F-216), Nov. 27, marking Japan's official 700th refueling of a U.S. or coalition ship since Nov. 2, 2001.
- Bush Meets with Iraqi Shiite Cleric Abdul Aziz al-Hakim Washington File 04 Dec 2006 -- President Bush met with Abdul Aziz al-Hakim, the head of Iraq's largest Shiite party, December 4 to discuss the importance of reconciliation between Iraq's ethnic and sectarian groups.
- Bush Meets With Top Iraqi Shiite Leader in Washington AFPS 04 Dec 2006 -- The United States is committed to working with the Iraqi government to make it capable of securing Iraq from the extremists seeking to derail the young democracy there, President Bush said here today after meeting with a top Iraq Shiite leader.
- U.S.: Bush Unlikely To Ignore Iraq Panel's Recommendations RFE/RL 04 Dec 2006 -- After meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Kamil al-Maliki in Jordan on November 30, U.S. President George W. Bush reiterated his policy of keeping U.S. forces in Iraq until the Iraqis are capable of taking on the country's security responsibilities.
- Bush Meets With Shi'ia Leader On Iraqi Security Issues RFE/RL 04 Dec 2006 -- U.S. President George W. Bush and Abdul-Aziz al-Hakim, the Shi'ia leader of the largest bloc in Iraq's parliament, agreed today that U.S forces must remain in that country long enough to ensure its stability.
- Bush Meets With Iraqi Shi'ite Leader at White House VOA 04 Dec 2006 -- President Bush had talks at the White House Monday with an influential Shi'ite leader from Iraq, Abdul Aziz al-Hakim
- Rumsfeld Memo Sparks More Debate on Iraq VOA 04 Dec 2006 -- The secret Iraq policy memo written by U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld in early November and made public on Sunday has created a political stir in Washington
- Joint Statement by Amb. Khalilzad & Gen. Casey regarding recent sectarian violence MNF-I 04 Dec 2006
- U.S. Officials Urge End To 'Senseless' Violence In Iraq RFE/RL 04 Dec 2006 -- The top U.S. civilian and military officials in Iraq have issued a joint statement calling on Iraqis to avoid the "senseless" cycle of violence now wracking the country.
- Analysis: What 'Civil War' Means for Iraq cfr.org 04 Dec 2006 -- The current debate over how to label the bloodshed in Iraq-set off by a number of news outlets' decisions to describe it as a "civil war"-is nothing new
- Iraqis Ambivalent About US Study Group Report VOA 04 Dec 2006 -- For weeks, the American media has been buzzing about the impending recommendations of the Baker-Hamilton Commission on changing strategy in Iraq
- Danish Reporters Acquitted After Publishing Secret Iraq Weapons Reports VOA 04 Dec 2006 -- Three journalists at a large Danish newspaper have been acquitted of charges they published a secret government report that said there was no evidence that Saddam Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|