Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
28 September 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Senator Kerry Urges New Policies for Iraq, Afghanistan VOA 28 Sep 2006 -- Massachusetts Senator and former presidential candidate John Kerry, in a foreign policy address in Washington, has stepped up his criticism of the Bush administration's policies on Iraq and Afghanistan
- Bush Defends War in Iraq VOA 28 Sep 2006 -- President Bush says U.S. troops fighting terrorists in Iraq are making Americans safer at home
- Many Iraqis Heading North to Avoid Fighting VOA 28 Sep 2006 -- The surge in sectarian violence in Iraq that followed last February's bombing of a Shit'ite shrine in Samaara is forcing tens of thousands of people to flee their homes in southern and central Iraq
- Iranian Government Behind Shipping Weapons to Iraq AFPS 28 Sep 2006 -- The Iranian government is behind shipping components used to make improvised explosive devices to Iraqi insurgents, a senior intelligence official in Iraq said yesterday.
- Defense Department Outlines Links Between Iraq, Iran Washignton File 28 Sep 2006 -- The deputy chief of staff of intelligence for multinational forces in Iraq says the coalition continues its effort to block foreign influence-including that of neighboring Iran.
- Iraq war radicalizing Muslims, UK defence report warns IRNA 28 Sep 2006 -- The Iraq war has acted to radicalize Muslims across the world, a report prepared for Britain's Ministry of Defence (MoD) has warned.
- Iraq: PKK, Turkomans Divide Turkey And Kurds RFE/RL 28 Sep 2006 -- Despite a visit by a Turkish parliamentary delegation to Iraq's autonomous Kurdish region this week, Turkish and Iraqi officials remain strongly divided over how to deal with the issue of Turkish Kurdish rebels from the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) and the state of affairs between Kurds and Iraqi Turkomans living in Kirkuk.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list