Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
27 September 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- National Intelligence Estimate on Terrorism Released AFPS 27 Sep 2006 -- The number of people identifying themselves as jihadists is increasing and spreading, but the United States has still made significant progress against terrorists, according to a declassified National Intelligence Estimate.
- Bush Releases Intelligence Report Findings on Terrorism, Iraq Washington File 27 Sep 2006 -- President Bush on September 26 authorized U.S. Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte to declassify selected portions of a report on trends in global terrorism to illustrate the report's findings are far more complex and nuanced than the characterizations reported by the media.
- Terrorists Targeting Iraqis During Holy Month of Ramadan Washignton File 27 Sep 2006 -- As Iraqi families observe the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, they are being targeted by armed militants in an upsurge in terrorist and sectarian violence, reports a spokesman for U.S.-led coalition forces.
- Iraq Taking Significant Steps Forward, Spokesman Says AFPS 27 Sep 2006 -- As coalition and Iraqi forces continue security operations in Baghdad, the Iraqi government and security forces are making significant progress and moving closer to an independent future, a U.S. military spokesman in Iraq said today.
- U.S. Envoy Says He Will Not Meet with Kurdish Terrorist Group Washignton File 27 Sep 2006 -- The U.S. special envoy for countering the PKK (Kurdistan Workers Party) says he will not meet with the terrorist organization, active in Turkey and Iraq, and that he wants to make Americans more aware of the PKK's deadly acts.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list