04 September 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Two Marines killed in Al Anbar
- 1/34th Brigade Combat Team Soldier killed by an IED
- Task Force Band of Brothers Soldier dies
- Soldier Dies of Non-Combat Related Causes
- Task Force Band of Brothers Soldier killed by IED
- U.S. Marines In Iraq Find Multiple Weapons Caches AFPS 04 Aug 2006 -- .S. Marines from Regimental Combat Team 5 found hundreds of weapons recently during Operation Rubicon in Mushin, Iraq, west of Habbaniyah, U.S. officials reported.
- Iraqi Police Kill Insurgent Kingpin in Rawah Shootout AFPS 04 Aug 2006 -- Iraqi police killed one of the most wanted insurgent leaders in the Euphrates River Valley during a Sept. 2 counterinsurgency operation in the city of Rawah, U.S. officials reported.
- Apaches Blast Terrorists' Vehicles in Western Baghdad AFPS 04 Aug 2006 -- Two Longbow Apache helicopters provided air-to-ground support to American soldiers by blasting enemy vehicles during action in western Baghdad yesterday, U.S. officials reported.
- US Military Struggles to Quell Violence in Iraq VOA 04 Aug 2006 -- Earlier this month, the U.S. military deployed several thousand extra combat troops to flashpoint districts in the troubled Iraqi capital of Baghdad
- Officials: 'No Evidence' Ties Dead Soldiers to Mahmudiyah Crimes AFPS 04 Aug 2006 -- Citing media reports suggesting a possible connection between three U.S. soldiers killed in June and the alleged rape of an Iraqi girl and murder of the girl and her family in March, military officials in Iraq today issued a statement saying "no evidence" connects the dead soldiers to the incident.
- Iraqi Army Battalion Assumes Tal Afar Security Role AFPS 04 Aug 2006 -- The 1st, Battalion, 2nd Brigade, 3rd Iraqi Army Division, became the third and final battalion to take the lead in assuming security operations for the city of Tal Afar during a ceremony held at Fort Tal Afar on Sept. 2, U.S. officials reported.
- Iraq Humanitarian and Reconstruction Assistance Updates USAID 04 Sep 2006 [PDF]
- Violence Continues in Baghdad Neighborhoods VOA 04 Aug 2006 -- A new Pentagon report says violence in Iraq has reached the point where conditions exist for a civil war.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|