28 June 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 28 Jun 2006 [PDF]
- MARINE KILLED IN AL ANBAR
- MND-B SOLDIER KILLED BY ROADSIDE BOMB
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- CENTAF releases airpower summary AFPN 28 Jun 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for June 28.
- EagleCash makes spending easier for deployed Soldiers Army News 28 Jun 2006 -- Soldiers from Multi-National Division - Baghdad will now be able to handle nearly all their cash transactions from within their base camp, and at selected forward operating bases, with just a card and a simple touch on a screen.
- Coalition Forces Capture Terrorist; 450 Detainees Released AFPS 28 Jun 2006 -- Coalition forces today captured an al Qaeda in Iraq terrorist in a raid at his home, one day after the Iraqi government and the coalition released 450 detainees from internment facilities, military officials reported.
- Australian Navy Cools Down the Oil Platforms Navy NewsStand 28 Jun 2006 -- Sailors from the Royal Australian Navy frigate HMAS Ballarat (FFH 155) completed some major electrical upgrades to the U.S. Navy and Iraqi marine living facilities on the Khawr al Amaya Oil Terminal (KAAOT) June 12.
- Training for Iraqi Forces Progressing Steadily, General Says AFPS 28 Jun 2006 -- The U.S. general in charge of training Iraqi security forces told reporters here yesterday that effort has made significant progress and remains on track.
- Iraqi Security Forces Making Significant Progress Washington File 28 Jun 2006 -- The new Iraqi security forces are making significant progress and are on track to have most of the administrative systems required to field even more robust operations in place by the end of the year, says a top coalition general.
- Iraq: UN mission concerned at upsurge in people displaced by recent violence UN News Centre 28 Jun 2006 -- The recent upsurge of violence in Iraq over the past four months has uprooted a further 150,000 people across the war-torn country, bringing the total of internally displaced persons (IDPs) to 1.3 million, according to the United Nations mission there.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report State Dept. 28 Jun 2006 [PDF]
- Iran ready to assist Iraqis without strings attached: Rafsanjani IRNA 28 Jun 2006 -- Iran's offer of assistance to the Iraqi people is not out of a desire to obtain benefits, Expediency Council Chaimrna Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani said here Tuesday evening.
- Russia: Duma Assails Iraq Coalition Over Diplomat Deaths RFE/RL 28 Jun 2006 -- The Russian State Duma today approved a statement criticizing "occupying countries" in Iraq for failing to prevent the abduction and murder of four Russian diplomats there.
- UN: Moscow Seeks UN Statement On Iraq Killings RFE/RL 28 Jun 2006 -- Russia has distributed to other members of the United Nations Security Council a draft of a statement that strongly condemns the abduction and gruesome murders of four Russian diplomats in Iraq.
- Moscow insists on urgent measures to catch diplomats' killers RIA Novosti 28 Jun 2006 -- Moscow insists on urgent measures to find and apprehend the killers of five Russian diplomats in Baghdad, the Russian foreign minister said Wednesday.
- Putin orders secret service to eliminate diplomats' killers RIA Novosti 28 Jun 2006 -- President Vladimir Putin Wednesday ordered Russia's special services to do everything necessary to find and eliminate the killers of four Russian diplomats in Iraq, the Kremlin press service said.
- Iraq: Bomber Of Samarra Mosque Reportedly Captured RFE/RL 28 Jun 2006 -- On February 22, a bomb destroyed a Shi'ite shrine in Samarra, north of Baghdad, setting off a rash of violence between Shi'ite and Sunni Muslims that has threatened to plunge Iraq into civil conflict.
- Iraq Captures Tunisian al-Qaida Member in Samarra Shrine Bombing VOA 28 Jun 2006 -- Iraq's National Security advisor says authorities have arrested a key al-Qaida suspect in connection with the bombing of a Shi'ite shrine that triggered sectarian violence earlier this year.
- Opinion: Who is to blame for the deaths of the Russian diplomats in Iraq? RIA Novosti 28 Jun 2006
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|