14 June 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 14 Jun 2006 [PDF]
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Brig. Gen. Ham from the Pentagon 14 Jun 2006 -- Presenter: Deputy Director for Regional Operations, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Brig. Gen. Carter ham
- CENTAF releases airpower summary AFPN 14 Jun 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for June 14.
- Iraqi Forces Stepping Up to Promote Security Following Zarqawi's Death AFPS 14 Jun 2006 -- Nine seemingly coordinated attacks yesterday in Kirkuk, Iraq, demonstrate that enemy forces haven't given up their efforts to derail the new Iraqi government, a top military official said here today.
- Two Soldiers Killed; Taliban Make False Success Claim AFPS 14 Jun 2006 -- Two coalition soldiers were killed in separate incidents in Afghanistan yesterday, and the Taliban falsely claimed to have killed nine U.S. soldiers today, military officials reported.
- Iraq: Troops Flood Baghdad In Security Push RFE/RL 14 Jun 2006 -- The Iraqi government has ordered thousands of extra troops onto the streets of Baghdad and tightened security measures in a fresh bid to curb violence in the capital.
- Thousands of Troops Flood Baghdad for Security Crackdown VOA 14 Jun 2006 -- Tens of thousands of Iraqi and U.S. troops have spread across Baghdad in a major security crackdown in the Iraqi capital.
- Press Conference of the President The White House 14 Jun 2006
- Iraq: Bush Says U.S. Withdrawal Not Dependent On Complete End To Violence RFE/RL 14 Jun 2006 -- Following his surprise visit to Iraq on June 13, U.S. President George W. Bush faced reporters at the White House in a news conference devoted almost entirely to the war.
- Bush Warns of Challenges Ahead in Iraq After Surprise Visit VOA 14 Jun 2006 -- President Bush has given the American people an account of his surprise trip to Baghdad
- Bush Tries to Boost Domestic Support for Iraq VOA 14 Jun 2006 -- Following his brief visit to Baghdad, President Bush says he sees steady progress in Iraq as he continues to rally domestic support for the war effort there.
- US House Prepares for Marathon Debate on Iraq Policy VOA 14 Jun 2006 -- The U.S. House of Representatives is preparing for a major debate Thursday on Iraq, with high political stakes for Republicans as well as Democrats amid a continuing national debate on the war there.
- Defense Leaders: U.S. Remains Committed to Iraqi Government's Success AFPS 14 Jun 2006 -- President Bush's visit to Iraq and the historic joint meeting of the U.S. and Iraqi Cabinets yesterday represent an important sign of solid U.S. support for Iraq's new government, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said.
- Rice Defends Iraq Policy at Baptist Convention VOA 14 Jun 2006 -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice defended Bush administration policy in Iraq, and American engagement abroad, in an address to a major Christian group
- US Officials Brief Congress on Iraq VOA 14 Jun 2006 -- Key Bush administration officials have briefed members of Congress on the situation in Iraq
- Iraq Weekly Status Report State Dept. 14 Jun 2006 [PDF]
- Iraqi PM Ready to Hold Talks With Some Insurgent Groups VOA 14 Jun 2006 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki says he is ready to hold talks with some insurgent groups prepared to join the political process - as he launched a major security crackdown in Baghdad.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|