09 June 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 09 Jun 2006 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Maj. Gen. Caldwell from Iraq 09 Jun 2006 -- Presenter: Spokesman, Multinational Force Iraq, Maj. Gen. William Caldwell
- CENTAF releases airpower summary AFPN 09 Jun 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials released the airpower summary for June 8.
- Air Force F-16 airstrike kills al-Zarqawi AFPN 09 Jun 2006 -- Two U.S. Air Force F-16C Fighting Falcons, supporting coalition actions in Operation Iraqi Freedom, dropped precision munitions near Baquba, Iraq, on June 7, killing al Qaida's leader in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and other terrorists.
- AFMC delivers capability that helps take out al-Zarqawi AFPN 09 Jun 2006 -- The Air Force's latest contribution to the ongoing war on terrorism took center stage June 7 when an air strike against an identified, isolated safe house north of Baghdad killed terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, head of al-Qaida in Iraq.
- Dozens of Raids Follow Death of Zarqawi in Iraq VOA 09 Jun 2006 -- The U.S. military says it has conducted dozens of raids in Iraq following the death of terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi
- Zarqawi Survived Air Strike, Died Shortly After AFPS 09 Jun 2006 -- Terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi initially survived the June 7 air strike but died from his wounds while laying on a stretcher shortly thereafter, a senior U.S. military officer in Baghdad said today.
- Afghan Police Thwart Attack; Coalition Collects Weapons AFPS 09 Jun 2006 -- Afghan National Police thwarted an insurgent attack in Afghanistan Paktika province, while coalition forces collected and destroyed weapons across the country this week, military officials reported today.
- Terrorist's Demise Significant, but Will Not End Iraq's Violence Washington File 09 Jun 2006 -- A U.S. military spokesman in Baghdad, Iraq, says the elimination of the leading terrorist in Iraq is a big step forward, but will not end the ongoing violence there.
- Rumsfeld: Ironic That Zarqawi Dies on Eve of Iraq Government Successes AFPS 09 Jun 2006 -- It's ironic that terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed yesterday just as the Iraqi government he tried to derail scored some significant successes, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said today.
- Full Victory in Iraq Depends on New Iraqi Government's Success AFPS 09 Jun 2006 -- The death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi is great news for Americans and Iraqis alike, but ultimate victory in Iraq depends on the success of the country's new government, President Bush said today.
- Bush Says Zarqawi Death Will Not End Violence VOA 09 Jun 2006 -- President Bush says the death of terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi will not stop the violence in Iraq, but it will help
- Bush to Assess Iraqi Prospects With Eye to Withdrawal VOA 09 Jun 2006 -- President Bush says a review next week of the new Iraqi government's strategy will help determine when U.S. troops might be able to leave Iraq.
- Iraq Humanitarian and Reconstruction Assistance Updates USAID 09 Jun 2006 [PDF]
- Germany says 'no' to US request for military trainers in Iraq IRNA 09 Jun 2006 -- Germany will not send military trainers or troops to Iraq, deputy government spokesman Thomas Steg told the media in Berlin following a report that US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld had requested German military trainers in the war-torn Middle East country.
- Backgrounder: Iraq's Insurgency After Zarqawi cfr.org 09 Jun 2006
- Iraq: Villagers In Al-Zarqawi's Hideout Were Unaware Of His Presence RFE/RL 10 Jun 2006 -- Radio Free Iraq (RFI) correspondent Salim Husayn went to the village of Arab Shogah, in Hibhib County, Diyala governorate, Iraq, on June 9, 2006, to talk to the residents of Abu Mus'ab al-Zarqawi's last hiding place.
- Iraq: A Timeline Of Abu Mus'ab Al-Zarqawi RFE/RL 09 Jun 2006 -- Al-Qaeda leader in Iraq Abu Musa'b al-Zarqawi was killed in Iraq on June 8. Al-Zarqawi was one of the most violent and ruthless members of the insurgency fighting the Iraqi government and the U.S.-led international coalition in Iraq
- Zarqawi's Death and the Iraqi Insurgency VOA 09 Jun 2006 -- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, al-Qaida in Iraq leader, was killed Wednesday in a U.S. air strike. In recent years, the Jordanian-born Zarqawi came to Iraq to wage a terror campaign in a country already awash in violence
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|