30 May 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 30 May 2006 [PDF]
- BODIES OF TWO MARINES MISSING FROM MAY 27 AIRCRAFT MISHAP IN AL ANBAR PROVINCE RECOVERED
- MND-B SOLDIER KILLED IN TERRORIST IED ATTACK
- TASK FORCE BAND OF BROTHERS SOLDIER KILLED
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- CENTAF releases combined airpower summary AFPN 30 May 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials release the airpower summary for May 26 to 29.
- Insurgents Kill At Least 46 in Iraq VOA 30 May 2006 -- Iraqi police say insurgents killed at least 46 people in a series of bombings and other attacks Tuesday.
- Future City Hall Bombed; Coalition Forces Kill Three, Detain 10 AFPS 30 May 2006 -- Terrorists bombed the site of a future Iraqi city hall yesterday, and coalition forces killed three terrorists and detained 10 more suspects in three incidents May 28.
- Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group Concludes Operations in Persian Gulf Navy NewsStand 30 May 2006 -- USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76), Destroyer Squadron (DESRON) 7 and Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 14 concluded military operations as part of Carrier Strike Group (CSG) 7 in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations (AOO) May 29.
- Additional U.S. Troops Moving Into Iraq's Anbar Province AFPS 30 May 2006 -- About 1,500 U.S. soldiers are moving into Iraq's western Anbar province to support security operations there, U.S. military officials said today.
- Reports: US to Send Reserve Troops to Western Iraq VOA 30 May 2006 -- U.S. newspaper reports say the top American commander in Iraq has decided to send reserve troops to combat the rising insurgency in Iraq's Anbar province, west of Baghdad.
- Iraqi Progress Report Cites Successes, Challenges Ahead AFPS 30 May 2006 -- The Defense Department's latest quarterly report to Congress on progress in Iraq cites continued momentum on the political, economic and security fronts and evidence that those attempting to derail it are failing, senior defense officials told Pentagon reporters today.
- Iraq Report Cites Progress, but Extra Troops Called In VOA 30 May 2006 -- The U.S. Defense Department has released an unclassified version of its quarterly report on the situation in Iraq, focusing on progress since the last report in February
- White House Promises Full Disclosure Of Alleged Haditha Massacre VOA 30 May 2006 -- The Bush administration has promised full public disclosure of the results of a U.S. military investigation into the alleged killings of Iraqi civilians by U.S. Marines last year.
- S/2006/342: Twenty-fifth quarterly report UNMOVIC 30 May 2005 [PDF]
- NATO Personnel Shaping Iraqi Military Staff AFPS 30 May 2006 -- ATO servicemembers are working with Iraqis here to train the new Iraqi army.
- IRAQ: Residents in north unite against sectarian conflict IRIN 30 May 2006 -- Kurds, Turcomans and Christians from northern Iraq have established independent organisations that aim to reduce the influence of sectarian militias operating in the area.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|