Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
20 May 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Lawmaker Pledges Congressional Hearing on Iraq Incident VOA 20 May 2006 -- A prominent Republican lawmaker says he will hold a hearing on an incident last November in which U.S. soldiers are alleged to have killed innocent civilians in the Iraqi town of Haditha
- New Unity Government Is Milestone for Iraq, Ambassador Says Washington File 20 May 2006 -- The new democratic government of national unity in Iraq represents an event without precedence in the country's history, and will provide a strong foundation for securing a better future of the Iraqi people, according to the U.S. ambassador to Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad.
- UN officials welcome formation of Iraq's new Government UN News Centre 20 May 2006 -- United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan and his senior envoy to Iraq today welcomed the announcement of the formation of the new Iraqi Government, and urged that the process be completed in order to consolidate stability.
- Full-Term Iraqi Government Finally Approved RFE/RL 20 May 2006 -- Iraq's parliament has approved the lineup of a new government, the country's first full-term government since the U.S.-led invasion in 2003, which includes members of the Shi'ite, Kurdish, and Sunni communities.
- Iraq Parliament Approves New Government VOA 20 May 2006 -- After more than five months of political negotiations, Iraq's parliament approved a government of national unity Saturday, in a move many hope will help reduce violence and restore stability to the country.
- New Iraqi Government Approved AFPS 20 May 2006 -- In a watershed day in Iraqi history, the country's Parliament today approved 39 ministers and state secretaries that form the elected, representative government.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list