23 April 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- ROADSIDE BOMB KILLS 3 MND-B SOLDIERS
- Terrorists Detained, Weapons Caches Uncovered AFPS 23 Apr 2006 -- Coalition forces detained a dozen suspected terrorists today and yesterday, and uncovered large weapons caches around Baghdad, officials in Iraq reported today.
- More Than 20 People Killed In Iraq Violence RFE/RL 23 Apr 2006 -- More than 20 people were killed or found dead today in violence around Iraq.
- Reagan Wraps Up Port Visit to UAE, Continues MSO Navy NewsStand 23 Apr 2006 -- Sailors from the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76), Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 14 and Carrier Strike Group (CCSG) 7 staff are back at sea conducting Maritime Security Operations (MSO) in
- USS Reuben James Assists Fisherman in Arabian Sea Navy NewsStand 23 Apr 2006 -- USS Reuben James (FFG 57) rendered medical assistance to a Sri Lankan fisherman while conducting maritime security operations (MSO) as part of a Dutch-led task force in the Arabian Sea, April 21. the Persian Gulf following their visit to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) April 16-20 during a scheduled port visit.
- Bush Congratulates Iraqi Leaders on Agreement on Top Posts Washington File 23 Apr 2006 -- President Bush has congratulated Iraq's people and their leaders for achieving an agreement on top leadership posts for the country's government of national unity.
- Iraq's New Prime Minister Can Unify Country, U.S. Official Says Washington File 23 Apr 2006 -- The U.S. ambassador to Iraq says that nation's newly named prime minister, Jawad al-Maliki, has the toughness and patriotism needed to forge a government of national unity.
- Iraq Reaches 'Important Milestone' in Forming Unity Government AFPS 23 Apr 2006 -- After months of deadlock, Iraq reached an "important milestone" in its journey toward democracy with an agreement on top leadership posts for a national unity government, President Bush said yesterday.
- US Official: Iraqi PM Nominee is Tough-Minded Leader VOA 23 Apr 2006 -- The U.S. Ambassador to Iraq says the man named to be the new Iraqi prime minister has the reputation of being a strong leader
- Bush Welcomes New Iraqi Government VOA 23 Apr 2006 -- Politicians in Iraq have broken a four-month deadlock over the formation of a new government with the nomination of Shi'ite leader Jawad al-Maliki to be prime minister
- Congratulating Iraq's new leadership, UN envoy urges national unity government UN News Centre 23 Apr 2006 -- Congratulating Iraq's new political leadership, the senior United Nations envoy to the country today called on the elected officials to form a government of national unity.
- Iraqi PM-Designate Vows Tough Stance On Militias RFE/RL 23 Apr 2006 -- Shi'ite Prime Minister-designate Jawad al-Maliki is beginning talks today on forming Iraq's first full-term post-Saddam Hussein government.
- Iran welcomes establishment of Iraqi government IRNA 23 Apr 2006 -- Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said on Sunday that the Islamic Republic of Iran welcomes the establishment of permanent Iraqi government and new series of appointments for government posts by the new Iraqi parliament.
- IRAQ: After months of squabbling, government appointments raise hopes for calm IRIN 23 Apr 2006 -- The appointment of key government leaders after months of wrangling was well-received by many Iraqis, who hope the development will bring an end to ongoing sectarian violence.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|