07 April 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 07 Apr 2006 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- MND-B SERVICE MEMBER DIES
- TASK FORCE BAND OF BROTHERS SOLDIER KILLED
- MARINE KILLED IN AL ANBAR PROVINCE
- MARINE KILLED NEAR AL QAIM
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- U.S. Soldiers Find Multiple Weapons Caches Near Baghdad AFPS 07 Apr 2006 -- Multinational Division Baghdad soldiers seized multiple weapons caches south of Baghdad yesterday and April 5.
- Death Toll from Triple Suicide Attacks on Baghdad Shi'ite Mosque Reaches 79 VOA 07 Apr 2006 -- Iraqi police say the death toll from triple suicide blasts at a Shi'ite mosque in Baghdad has reached at least 79 people, with more than 160 others wounded.
- CENTAF releases airpower summary report AFPN 07 Apr 2006 -- Coalition aircraft flew 47 close-air support missions April 6 for Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- 2nd Bn., 6th Inf. Regt., boosts security in Operation Scales of Justice Army News 07 Apr 2006 -- A battalion-sized task force of approximately 700 Soldiers from the 2nd Battalion, 6th Infantry Regiment, 1st Armored Division, is providing additional security and support in southern Baghdad.
- Fires Bde. builds confidence with M1114 lane training Army News 07 Apr 2006 -- Ask veterans of Operation Iraqi Freedom and most will agree that going out on a convoy is one of the most dangerous duties deployed Soldiers face.
- Baghdad Shi'ite Mosque Blasts Kill 46, Wound 138 VOA 07 Apr 2006 -- Iraqi police say the death toll from suicide blasts at a Shi'ite mosque in Baghdad has risen to at least 46 people, with 138 others wounded.
- U.S.: Cheney Aide Says Bush Authorized Iraq Intelligence Leak RFE/RL 07 Apr 2006 -- For three years, U.S. President George W. Bush has strongly denied charges that his administration exaggerated the threat posed by Saddam Hussein and that it illegally leaked classified intelligence on Iraq to defend its decision to go to war
- More Questions Raised About Alleged Bush Iraq Disclosures VOA 07 Apr 2006 -- The White House is defending President Bush's alleged disclosure of pre-war intelligence on Iraq.
- Bush Pressed To Explain Classified Intelligence Leak RFE/RL 07 Apr 2006 -- Opposition Democrats in the United States are calling for an explanation from President George W. Bush following disclosures that Bush may have authorized the leaking of classified intelligence to counter criticism of his Iraq war policy in 2003.
- Official Cites Progress as 'Iraqi Freedom Day' Approaches AFPS 07 Apr 2006 -- Insurgents may still be working to derail the democratic process in Iraq. But it's important to look at the bigger picture as a three-year milestone approaches, a Multinational Force Iraq spokesperson said during a briefing from Baghdad yesterday.
- U.S. Envoy to Iraq Condemns Bombing of Baghdad's Buratha Mosque Washington File 07 Apr 2006 -- U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Zalmay Khalilzad condemned the April 7 bombing of the Buratha Mosque in Baghdad, which killed at least 79 worshippers and wounded more than 160 people leaving the mosque following Friday prayers.
- U.S.: Is Bush Abandoning Democracy Building In Iraq? RFE/RL 07 Apr 2006 -- One of the U.S. administration's central arguments for instigating "regime change" in Iraq was that the country could be transformed into a beacon of democracy that would serve as model for the Middle East
- US, Britain Again Call on Iraqi Leaders To Form Government VOA 07 Apr 2006 -- After meeting in Washington on Thursday, the top U.S. and British defense officials again urged Iraqi leaders to form a new government
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 9, Number 14 07 Apr 2006
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|