Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
15 February 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- U.S. Regrets Release of Additional Abu Ghraib Photographs Washington File 15 Feb 2006 -- A newly released set of photographs documenting mistreatment of Iraqi detainees at the now-closed Abu Ghraib prison in Baghdad, Iraq, "shows once again just the reprehensible conduct that was going on in Abu Ghraib," says John Bellinger, State Department legal adviser.
- More Abu Ghraib Images Could Harm Troops, Official Says AFPS 15 Feb 2006 -- Publicizing more images depicting alleged abuse of detainees at Iraqi's Abu Ghraib prison could bring harm to U.S. servicemembers, a senior Defense Department official said here today.
- Pentagon Concerned Old Abu Ghraib Photos Could Spark Violence VOA 15 Feb 2006 -- The Defense Department has expressed concern that the release of more photos, and some videos, of prisoner abuse at Baghdad's Abu Ghraib Prison more than two years ago could incite what it calls "unnecessary violence."
- Iraq: Shi'ite Parliamentarians Comment On Incoming Government RFE/RL 15 Feb 2006 -- RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq (RFI) interviewed two United Iraqi Alliance members, Al-Sadr bloc representative Sami al-Askari and Virtue Party head Nadim al-Jabiri, to ask about the alliance's efforts to form the next government
- Iraq: Questions Arise Over Al-Ja'fari Nomination RFE/RL 15 Feb 2006 -- Kurdish and Sunni Arab political parties raised concerns about the future shape of the Iraqi government after the Shi'ite-led United Iraqi Alliance (UIA) nominated Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Ja'fari on 12 February to retain his position in the incoming Iraqi government
- Iraq Weekly Status Report State Dept. 15 Feb 2006 [PDF]
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list