13 January 2006 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- HELICOPTER AIRCREW KILLED IN MOSUL
- Transcript: News Briefing with Lt. Gen. John Vines 13 Jan 2006 -- Presenter: Lt. Gen. John Vines, commander, Multinational Corps Iraq and Commanding General of the VXIII Airborne Corps
- Soldiers Detain Suspected Terrorists, Secure Enemy Weapons Caches AFPS 13 Jan 2006 -- Coalition forces in Iraq yesterday found and destroyed weapons caches, detained terrorist suspects, and recovered the remains of a terrorist bomber who inadvertently killed himself, U.S. military officials there reported.
- US General: Al-Qaida in 'Disarray' in Iraq VOA 13 Jan 2006 -- A senior U.S. general in Iraq says the al-Qaida terrorist network in the country is in "disarray," and that if the new government includes Sunni groups that have supported the insurgency it will go a long way toward reducing the violence that has plagued the country in recent years.
- Al Qaeda in Iraq 'in Disarray,' U.S. General Says AFPS 13 Jan 2006 -- Al Qaeda's influence in Iraq is unraveling, a senior U.S. general based in Baghdad told reporters today during a satellite news conference at the Pentagon.
- 'Falcon Sweep' nets huge weapons cache Army News 13 Jan 2006 -- While conducting an air-insertion mission into the village of Shakaria, Iraq, Task Force Ironhorse Soldiers killed several insurgents, detained one and discovered a significant weapons cache Jan. 11.
- First Fires Brigade now in theater Army News 13 Jan 2006 -- With the quiet uncasing of their colors Jan. 8, Soldiers in the Fires Brigade marked a new day in the role of division and corps-level fire support.
- U.S. General Cites Iraq Progress, Salutes Servicemembers AFPS 13 Jan 2006 -- As progress continues in Iraq, U.S. forces are "going to put a great deal of focus on the police issue," a senior U.S. general in Iraq told reporters here today.
- Bush Tries to Shore Up US Domestic Support on Iraq VOA 13 Jan 2006 -- President Bush continued his efforts this week to rebuild public support for his handling of Iraq with speeches this week in Washington and Kentucky.
- Improved Armored Vests Reflect Changing Enemy Tactics AFPS 13 Jan 2006 -- U.S. military members serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and other dangerous locales will soon receive revamped armored vests that provide more side protection, senior officials said here today.
- United States Supports Broad Ethnic Inclusion in Iraqi Government Washington File 13 Jan 2006 -- U.S. and military officials have worked hard to ensure that the new Iraqi government is inclusive and represents all ethnic groups, according to the commander of the Multi-National Corps in Iraq.
- Soldiers may be reimbursed for protective gear Army News 13 Jan 2006 -- Soldiers may now file claims and receive reimbursement for protective equipment privately purchased between Sept. 11, 2001, and July 31, 2004.
- Iraq Humanitarian and Reconstruction Assistance Updates USAID 13 Jan 2006 [PDF]
- Iraq: Shi'ite Leader Says No Negotiations On Core Constitutional Principles RFE/RL 13 Jan 2006 -- Iraqi Shi'ite leader Abd al-Aziz al-Hakim of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq (SCIRI) said this week that Shi'a would not negotiate on the core principles outlined in the Iraqi Constitution.
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 9, Number 2 13 Jan 2006 -- SHI'ITE LEADER SAYS NO NEGOTIATIONS ON CORE CONSTITUTIONAL PRINCIPLES / KURDS AGREE TO UNIFY ADMINISTRATIONS
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|