18 December 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- MARINE DIES FROM NON-HOSTILE GUNSHOT WOUND
- Local residents aid in cache discoveries MNF-I 18 Dec 2005 -- Local citizens played a major role in the discovery of two weapons caches near Kirkuk Dec. 17.
- Major IED manufacturing cache discovered MNF-I 18 Dec 2005 -- A large cache of IED components was discovered by Soldiers from Task Force Band of Brothers, Dec. 15 near Hawijah.
- Airborne patrol detains suspects MNF-I 18 Dec 2005 -- Fifteen suspects were detained Dec. 17 at several locations near Tikrit as part of Operation Eagle Watch by Task Force troops.
- Citizen tip leads Task Force Baghdad Soldiers to mortar cache MNF-I 18 Dec 2005 -- A concerned local citizen in Tissa Nissan led a group of Soldiers from 1st Battalion, 64th Armor to a large mortar cache, Dec 16.
- President's Address to the Nation The White House 18 Dec 2005
- Bush Warns Against Early Pullout From Iraq; Appeals for Patience VOA 18 Dec 2005 -- President Bush says Thursday's election in Iraq was historic and strengthened an ally in the war on terror. At the same time, though, he warns against a hasty U.S. pullout, suggesting there would be harsh consequences. In a nationally broadcast address Sunday night, the president urged patience on the part of the American people.
- Cheney Visits Iraq, Officials Laud Historic Vote AFPS 18 Dec 2005 -- Vice President Dick Cheney made a surprise visit to Iraq today to hail the country's successful Dec. 15 parliamentary election in which more than 70 percent of Iraqis -- 11 million-plus voters -- participated.
- US Vice President Cheney Makes Surprise Visit to Iraq VOA 18 Dec 2005 -- Vice President Dick Cheney has praised last week's Iraqi elections during a surprise visit to Baghdad.
- Vice President Cheney Makes Surprise Visit to Iraq VOA 18 Dec 2005 -- U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney has made a surprise visit to Iraq, just days after parliamentary elections touted as a major step toward the emergence of Iraq as a self-governing state.
- Vice President makes surprise visit to Taji MNF-I 18 Dec 2005 -- U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney paid a surprise visit to Iraqi and U.S. Soldiers Dec. 18 at Taji Military Training Base during his unannounced visit to Iraq.
- IRAQ: Election results to be delayed up to two weeks IRIN 18 Dec 2005 -- The Independent Electoral Commission in Iraq (IECI) said on Saturday that a seventy percent turnout in last week’s parliamentary elections was “a success” but that 200 reported cases of fraud could delay final results by up to two weeks.
- IRAQ-IRAN: Landmine agreement signed IRIN 18 Dec 2005 -- The Iraqi government signed a memorandum of understanding with Tehran last week aimed at eliminating landmines planted in the country during its war with Iran in the 1980s.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|