Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
02 December 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 02 Dec 2005 [PDF]
- MARINES KILLED IN FALLUJAH
- THREE 48TH BCT SOLDIERS DIE IN VEHICLE ACCIDENT
- U.S. SOLDIER DIES OF WOUNDS IN ROCKET ATTACK
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: News Briefing with Lt. Gen. Martin Dempsey 02 Dec 2005 -- Presenter: Lt. Gen. Martin Dempsey, commander, Multinational Security Transition Command in Iraq (MNSTC-I)
- 10 US Marines Killed Near Fallujah VOA 02 Dec 2005 -- In one of the deadliest attacks against American troops in Iraq in recent months, the U.S. Marine Corps says 10 of its troops were killed and 11 wounded late Thursday in a bomb attack near the western city of Fallujah.
- CENTAF releases airpower summary report AFPN 02 Dec 2005 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials released today's airpower summary report.
- Ramadi Operation Launched to Disrupt Terror Group AFPS 02 Dec 2005 -- About 200 Iraqi soldiers from 1st Brigade, 7th Division, and 300 U.S. Marines from 3rd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, assigned to the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, launched Operation Shank today in Ramadi, Iraq.
- 10 Marines Killed, 11 Wounded Outside Fallujah AFPS 02 Dec 2005 -- Ten Marines were killed and 11 were wounded by a roadside bomb during a foot patrol outside Fallujah Dec. 1, military officials reported today.
- More Iraqi Security Forces Being Fielded, U.S. General Says AFPS 02 Dec 2005 -- Increasing numbers of Iraqi military and police are being trained, equipped and fielded to confront terrorists trying to destabilize the new Iraqi government, a senior U.S. military officer in Iraq said today.
- U.S. Helps Set Up Iraqi Military Logistics Capability AFPS 02 Dec 2005 -- Work is progressing to set up a logistics system for the new Iraqi military, a senior U.S. military officer in Iraq said today.
- Operation Shank begins in Ramadi MNF-I 02 Dec 2005 -- Approximately 200 Iraqi Army soldiers from 1st Brigade, 7th Division and 300 Marines from 3rd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, assigned to the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, launched Operation Harba (Shank) today in Ar Ramadi.
- U.S. Says Iraqi Suicide Bombings Fell In November RFE/RL 02 Dec 2005 -- The U.S. military says suicide bombings in Iraq fell in November to their lowest level in seven months, giving credit to recent U.S.-Iraqi military operations against insurgent and foreign fighter sanctuaries near the Syrian border.
- Information Operations critical to success in Iraq MNF-I 02 Dec 2005 -- Recent news coverage concerning Information Operations in Iraq has generated concerns regarding military communication objectives and procedures.
- Operation Shank update MNF-I 02 Dec 2005 -- Operation Harba (Shank) is the fifth in a series of operations by the Iraqi Army and Coalition Forces conducting combined clearing operations to disrupt the insurgency and set the conditions for a successful Dec. 15 election in the al Anbar provincial capital of ar Ramadi.
- Troops Should Talk About Afghanistan, Iraq Successes, Pace Says AFPS 02 Dec 2005 -- Senior military leaders - as well as rank-and-file servicemembers - should spread the good news about anti-terrorist and reconstruction successes in Iraq, the U.S. military's top officer said during his Dec. 1 address at the National Defense University here.
- Defense Officials Outline Way Ahead in Iraq Strategy AFPS 02 Dec 2005 -- Defense officials outlined political, security and economic considerations in remarks on the way forward in U.S. national strategy toward Iraq at a policy forum here Dec. 1.
- U.S. Investigates Alleged Info Operations Improprieties AFPS 02 Dec 2005 -- Senior U.S. military leaders in Iraq are now investigating allegations that information about U.S. operations in Iraq was improperly placed in Iraqi newspapers, according to a Multinational Force Iraq news release today.
- Defense Department Report, December 2: Iraq Update Washington File 02 Dec 2005 -- The U.S. military commander in charge of training and equipping Iraqi security forces says his troops are partnering with and training new and seasoned recruits on how to protect and serve in a democracy.
- Iraq: UN envoy calls for all to vote in upcoming elections as way to reconciliation UN News Centre 02 Dec 2005 -- Reaffirming his plea, less than two weeks before elections, for all segments of Iraqi society to be included in the political transition, the senior United Nations envoy in the war-torn country today called for a transparent political process that is responsive to the aspirations of all of Iraq's communities.
- Reid plays up prospect of partial UK withdrawal from Iraq IRNA 02 Dec 2005 -- British Defence Secretary John Reid played up the prospect of a partial withdrawal of UK troops from Iraq next year by playing up the military strength of Iraqi security forces during a visit to Basra Friday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list