25 October 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 25 Oct 2005 [PDF]
- Update to Press Release A051022e two additional II MEF Marines killed in action
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- US Casualty Toll Hits 2000 in Iraq VOA 25 Oct 2005 -- The U.S. military death toll in Iraq officially reached two thousand on Tuesday, with the announcement of the death of a soldier who was injured last week.
- Iraqi Foreign Fighters Seen as Small, But Deadly Force VOA 25 Oct 2005 -- As U.S. and Iraqi forces continue anti-insurgent operations in Iraq, a clearer picture is beginning to emerge of the foreign fighters who have slipped into the country to join the insurgency
- Officials Provide More Details of Baghdad Bombing AFPS 25 Oct 2005 -- Military officials today released more details about the three car bombs that detonated near the Palestine and Sheraton hotels in central Baghdad early Oct. 24.
- U.S. Soldiers find, destroy roadside bombs MNF-I 25 Oct 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers sealed off a road in west Baghdad Oct. 24 after finding two large explosive devices rigged to explode.
- Terrorist stronghold raided MNF-I 25 Oct 2005 -- Coalition forces raided three suspected terrorist safe houses, detained six terrorists, and killed several others in the town of al Ushsh, northwest al Qaim Oct. 25.
- Coalition forces conduct search operation in Basrah MNF-I 25 Oct 2005 -- Multi National Division South East conducted a search operation in the al Hartha and Hayy al Shuhda areas of Basrah City Oct. 22.
- Lawmakers Pay Tribute to 2,000 US Iraq War Dead VOA 26 Oct 2005 -- The U.S. Senate has paid tribute to the two-thousand U.S. troops who have died in Iraq
- Rice: Iraqi Sunnis Have Role in Country's Political Future VOA 25 Oct 2005 -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says Sunni Muslims in Iraq will have an ample opportunity to influence the country's political future despite their vote against the country's new constitution
- President Bush Hails Iraqi Referendum Results VOA 25 Oct 2005 -- President Bush says official results from Iraq's referendum approving the country's new constitution are the latest sign of progress in Iraq's embrace of democracy.
- Bush Meets Iraq's Kurdish Leader VOA 25 Oct 2005 -- President Bush says America will stand by those who have voted for a democratic future in Iraq by supporting a new constitution
- US Senate Panel Says British Lawmaker Lied About Iraq Oil VOA 25 Oct 2005 -- A U.S. Senate investigation alleges that anti-war British lawmaker George Galloway lied, under oath, when he denied benefiting from Iraq's scandal-plagued oil-for-food program
- Iraqi Constitution Accepted RFE/RL 25 Oct 2005 -- Figures from Iraq's election commission suggest the constitution has been adopted in the recent referendum.
- Iraqi Draft Constitution Approved VOA 25 Oct 2005 -- Iraqis have approved a new constitution, despite strong opposition from the country's Sunni Arab community.
- Iraqi Voters Ratify Constitution; December Elections to Follow VOA 25 Oct 2005 -- Voters in Iraq have adopted a new constitution, which will bring national elections in December and formally end the democratic transition launched after the fall of deposed President Saddam Hussein
- Iraqi Voters Say 'Yes' to New Constitution AFPS 25 Oct 2005 -- A majority of Iraq's citizens have approved their country's new constitution, an event the top U.S. diplomat called "a remarkable story."
- Arab League Chief Claims Success After Iraq Trip RFE/RL 25 Oct 2005 -- Arab League Secretary-General Amr Musa wrapped up a five-day visit to Iraq on 24 October claiming to have won the support of Kurds and Shi'ite and Sunni Arabs for the convening of a national reconciliation conference in Cairo next month
- IRAQ: Concern for journalists’ safety following bombings IRIN 25 Oct 2005 -- Monday’s bomb attacks near two hotels frequented by foreigners and journalists in the Iraqi capital,Baghdad, have raised fresh concerns over the safety of news reporters working in the war-torn country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|