24 October 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 24 Oct 2005 [PDF]
- II MEF MARINE KILLED IN ACTION
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Navy Casualty
- DoD Identifies Marine Corps Casualty
- Bombs Kill 17 In Central Baghdad VOA 24 Oct 2005 -- Iraqi officials say 17 people were killed when three car bombs went off near Baghdad hotels that house foreign journalists.
- Hotels in Baghdad Rocked by Rockets, Car Bombs AFPS 24 Oct 2005 -- A combination of rockets and car bombs exploded near the outer walls of the Palestine and Sheraton hotels in downtown Baghdad today, military officials reported.
- Coalition Raids Find Car Bombs; U.S. Marine Killed in Ramadi AFPS 24 Oct 2005 -- Coalition raids conducted today in western Iraq produced two car bombs and four suspects, U.S. officials said.
- Terrorists detained and VBIEDs destroyed in Husaybah MNF-I 24 Oct 2005 -- Coalition forces find two car bombs and detained four suspected terrorists during raids in Husaybah Oct. 24.
- Attack Kills Two Iraqi Police REF/RL 24 Oct 2005 -- Police say a suicide car bomber today killed two police officers in an attack on a police patrol in Baghdad.
- Detainee dies at Camp Bucca MNF-I 24 Oct 2005 -- A 73-year-old male security detainee died Oct. 23 of natural causes at Camp Bucca.
- Stryker Brigade unearths another large weapons cache near Rawah MNF-I 24 Oct 2005 -- Soldiers from 4th Squadron, 14th Cavalry Regiment (172nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team) seized a large weapons cache during a search operations in the Rawah area, near the Euphrates River, Oct. 23.
- Explosions at Baghdad hotels, Soldiers and Iraqi forces secure area MNF-I 24 Oct 2005 -- A combination of rockets and car bombs exploded near the outer walls of the Palestine and Sheraton hotels in downtown Baghdad, early evening of Oct. 24.
- Car bomb attacks fail; Soldier fires on cement truck MNF-I 24 Oct 2005 -- Three car bombs detonated near the Palestine and Sheraton hotels in central Baghdad early Oct. 24.
- Iraqi Referendum Seen As a Security Success AFPS 24 Oct 2005 -- With insurgent attacks down and voter participation up on Oct. 15, Iraq's constitutional referendum is being viewed as a security and participation success, a senior military official said in a news conference in Iraq on Oct. 23.
- Fate of Iraqi Constitution Hinges on Province Where Balloting Under Review VOA 24 Oct 2005 -- In Iraq, election officials say partial results from last week's referendum show that a majority of voters have approved Iraq's new constitution
- Fate Of Iraqi Constitution Rests On One Province REF/RL 24 Oct 2005 -- The fate of Iraq's landmark 15 October constitutional referendum has come down to one province.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|