22 October 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- MARINE KILLED BY EXPLOSION NEAR HAQLANIYAH
- TWO MARINES KILLED BY IED NEAR AL AMARIYAH
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualties
- Four U.S. Troops Die in Iraq; Insurgents Killed, Captured AFPS 22 Oct 2005 -- Three Marines were killed in two combat operations in Iraq on Oct. 21.
- STRYKER BRIGADE UNCOVERS HUGE WEAPON CACHES NEAR EUPHRATES RIVER CENTCOM 22 Oct 2005 -- Multi-National Forces from 172nd Infantry Brigade (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) uncovered 10 weapons caches and detained 16 suspected terrorists during two operations in northern Iraq Oct. 17-18.
- Coalition forces raid Husaybah foreign fighter safe houses MNF-I 22 Oct 2005 -- Twenty terrorists suspected of sheltering al Qaeda in Iraq foreign fighters were killed and one captured during Coalition raids on a series of safe houses in Husaybah Oct. 22.
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers defeat terrorists in fire fight MNF-I 22 Oct 2005 -- A Task Force Liberty patrol killed one terrorist, wounded another and captured a third in a small-arms firefight in Ad Duluiyah at about 3:00 p.m. Oct. 22.
- Significant strides made in Operation Restoring Rights MNF-I 22 Oct 2005 -- The Third Armored Cavalry Regiment, partnered with the 3rd Iraqi Army Division, captured five terrorists and nine smugglers in the past 24 hours
- USS Theodore Roosevelt Aircraft Destroy IED Production Facility Navy NewsStand 22 Oct 2005 -- Aircraft assigned to Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 8 stationed aboard USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71) continued to provide support to coalition troops on the ground in Iraq Oct. 19.
- Lonestar Battalion Reports for Duty in Iraq Navy NewsStand 23 Oct 2005 -- Seabees of Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 22 took the reins of their construction mission in the Al Anbar Province from NMCB 24 during a ceremony here Oct. 3.
- Arab League Chief Says He Has Al-Sistani Support RFE/RL 22 Oct 2005 -- Arab League Secretary-General Amr Musa said today after talks with Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani that Iraq's top Shi'ite cleric is supporting his efforts to foster national dialogue and ease sectarian tension in the country.
- Iraq: Arab League Chief Says Sistani Backs Reconciliation Conference VOA 22 Oct 2005 -- Arab League chief Amr Moussa says he has won the support of Iraq's top Shi'ite religious authority for a conference to help foster reconciliation among Iraq's ethnic and religious groups.
- Security Boosted In Iraq For Hussein Trial Lawyers RFE/RL 22 Oct 2005 -- Officials in Iraq today are implementing increased security measures to protect defense lawyers in Saddam Hussein and seven co-defendants' trial, after one of them was kidnapped and killed by armed men disguised as security forces.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|