Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
12 October 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 12 Oct 2005 [PDF]
- TWO SOLDIERS KILLED BY VEHICLE ROLL-OVER
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- NMCB 24 Returns From Iraq Deployment Navy NewsStand 12 Oct 2005 -- Seabees from Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 24 based in Huntsville, Ala., returned to the United States via Naval Air Station Oceana Oct. 8 following a seven-month deployment to Iraq in support of the global war on terrorism.
- VAQ-141 Supports Troops in Al Asad Navy NewsStand 12 Oct 2005 -- Personnel from Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 8 Electronic Attack Squadron (VAQ) 141 ,along with two of its EA-6B Prowlers, departed USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71) Sept. 24 while in the Mediterranean Sea, to enhance the mission capability of Marine Electronic Attack Squadron (VMAQ) 1, based out of Al Asad, Iraq.
- U.S. Soldiers stop kidnapper dead in his tracks MNF-I 12 Oct 2005 -- After a car chase and gunfight, Task Force Baghdad Soldiers rescued a kidnap victim and killed one of the abductors around noon Oct. 11.
- Suicide Bomber Kills 30 Iraqis in Pre-Referendum Attack VOA 12 Oct 2005 -- Iraqi police say a suicide bomber has blown himself up in a crowd of Iraqi army recruits, killing at least 30 people and injuring 35 others at an army base near the Syrian border.
- Iraqi, U.S. patrols catch bomb suspects, stop attacks MNF-I 13 Oct 2005 -- Iraqi Army and Coalition Forces, working to provide security for the upcoming Constitutional Referendum vote, captured four suspected bombers, seized bomb-making equipment and prevented several terrorist bomb attacks in the capitol city Oct. 11.
- 48th Brigade prepares security at polling sites MNF-I 13 Oct 2005 -- As Iraqi citizens vote in the Oct. 15 Constitutional Referendum, they'll do so with a better sense of security, thanks to 48th Brigade Combat Team Soldiers.
- Rollover Accident Kills Two Soldiers in Iraq AFPS 12 Oct 2005 -- Two 1st Corps Support Command soldiers were killed and another was injured today when their vehicle rolled over while conducting a combat logistics patrol near Balad, Iraq, military officials reported.
- US Says Letter Reveals Al-Qaida as Perverter of Islam VOA 12 Oct 2005 -- The United States Wednesday made public a letter from a senior al-Qaida figure to the group's chief operative in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, that, among other things, questions his tactic of attacking Iraqi Shiite mosques.
- Bush Slams Syria for Interference in Iraq, Lebanon AFPS 12 Oct 2005 -- President Bush today accused the Syrian government of looking the other way as suicide-bent insurgents flow across its border into Iraq to commit mayhem.
- Rumsfeld Praises Iraqi Agreement on Constitution AFPS 12 Oct 2005 -- Iraqi leaders have reached an agreement that could lead to stronger Sunni support for a proposed constitution Iraqis will vote on Oct. 18, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld told reporters here today.
- Iraq Referendum Compromise Praised VOA 12 Oct 2005 -- Top Shi'ite, Kurdish, and Sunni politicians in Iraq gathered to praise a last-minute compromise negotiators reached on the country's draft constitution.
- Iraqi Sunni Group Eyes Approval Of Draft Constitution RFE/RL 12 Oct 2005 -- Spokesmen for a major Sunni Arab political group, the Iraqi Islamic Party, are urging supporters to vote "yes" in the 15 October Iraqi constitutional referendum, following a breakthrough deal with Shi'a and Kurds that could lead to later changes to the draft constitution.
- Iraqi Parliament To Address Draft Constitution RFE/RL 12 Oct 2005 -- Iraq's parliament is meeting today to consider changes to the country's draft constitution which is to be put to a vote in a referendum on 15 October.
- Iraq: Major Sunni Arab Party Endorses Draft Constitution RFE/RL 12 Oct 2005 -- The Iraqi parliament approved a deal today intended to win Arab Sunni approval of the country's draft constitution in a national referendum scheduled for 15 October
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list