10 October 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- TASK FORCE BAGHDAD SOLDIER KILLED BY CAR BOMBER
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- Terror site found MNF-I 10 Oct 2005 -- Coalition forces acting on multiple intelligence sources raided a safe house suspected of harboring foreign terrorists on Oct 10.
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers and Iraqi forces detain terrorists in Kirkuk MNF-I 10 Oct 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers and Iraqi security forces detained two wanted terrorists during a series of raids in Kirkuk at 3:30 a.m. Oct. 10.
- Soldier Killed by Car Bomber; Terrorists Detained AFPS 10 Oct 2005 -- A Task Force Baghdad soldier was killed today when a suicide car bomb detonated outside a checkpoint near the International Zone in Baghdad, military officials reported.
- Insurgent Attacks in Iraq Continue Before Referendum VOA 10 Oct 2005 -- Insurgents in Iraq killed at least 11 people Monday, including a U.S. soldier, in a series of bombings and shootings five days before a referendum on the country's proposed new constitution.
- Operation River Gate update MNF-I 10 Oct 2005 -- Iraqi Security Forces and Marines, Soldiers and Sailors from Regimental Combat Team 2 continued Operation Bawwabatu Annaher (River Gate) in the cities of Haditha, Haqlaniyah and Barwana Oct. 10.
- Soldiers discover weapons cache MNF-I 10 Oct 2005 -- For the third time in as many weeks, Soldiers from 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Marine Division discovered a significant weapons cache in Ramadi, Al Anbar's provincial capital.
- Talabani appeals to UK not to abandon Iraq IRNA 10 Oct 2005 -- Iraqi President Jalal Talabani appealed to Prime Minister Tony Blair Monday not to leave his country in chaos by withdrawing troops.
- Iraqi Sunnis Vow to Reject Draft Constitution at the Polls VOA 10 Oct 2005 -- With U.S. mediation, Shi'ite and Kurdish politicians in Iraq are meeting with Sunni Arab leaders, searching for possible last-minute changes to Iraq's draft constitution in order to win Sunni support.
- Iraqis Head to Referendum with Mixed Emotions VOA 10 Oct 2005 -- Iraqis will go to the polls on October 15 to vote whether to approve a draft constitution that will pave the way for the election of a new government in December.
- Iraq: Will Voters Be Able To Cast Informed Votes In Constitutional Referendum? RFE/RL 10 Oct 2005 -- A national referendum on Iraq's draft constitution will be held on Saturday.
- Iraqi Official Talks About the Upcoming Referendum on Iraq's Draft Constitution VOA 10 Oct 2005 -- In less than one week Iraqis will vote in a critical nationwide referendum to accept or reject the country's draft constitution. Iraq's National Assembly, which is dominated by Shi'ite and Kurdish legislators, has endorsed the document, but Sunni Arabs continue to feel marginalized.
- Poll: Japanese Roundly Oppose Extending Troops in Iraq VOA 10 Oct 2005 -- A new public opinions poll finds Japanese are strongly opposed to extending their country's humanitarian mission to Iraq.
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 8, Number 33 10 October 2005 -- IRAQ'S SUNNI LEADERS CONTINUE CALL FOR 'NO' VOTE ON CONSTITUTION / TALABANI PREDICTS 'KURDS WILL REMAIN IN STRONG ALLIANCE WITH SHI'ITES' / TALABANI MIGHT NOT 'PROHIBIT' HUSSEIN DEATH PENALTY
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|