Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
03 October 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 03 Oct 2005 [PDF]
- Reports of kidnapped Marines false MNF-I 03 Oct 2005 -- Al Qaeda in Iraq claims that two U.S. Marines were kidnapped in western Iraq Oct. 2 are patently false.
- U.S. Says 36 Killed In Fighting Near Syrian Border RFE/RL 03 Oct 2005 -- The United States military in Iraq says it has counted 36 insurgents who were killed on 1 and 2 October during a U.S.-led anti-militant offensive under way in towns near the Syrian border.
- Airmen control, contain, communicate at Ali Base AFPN 03 Oct 2005 -- Around-the-clock missions supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom are spearheaded here thanks to the multiple layers of protection provided by the 407th Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron.
- Task Force Baghdad nabs terror suspects, weapons MNF-I 03 Oct 2005 -- Coalition forces detained 14 suspected terrorists, found six weapons caches, and seized terrorist propaganda materials during a series of combat operations conducted throughout the capitol city Oct. 1.
- Task Force Baghdad patrol nets terrorists MNF-I 03 Oct 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers apprehended two men who violated curfew and possessed a loaded rifle northwest of Baghdad Sept. 29.
- Seven terror suspects detained in morning raid MNF-I 03 Oct 2005 -- Coalition soldiers and Iraqi security forces detained seven suspected terrorists, including a physics professor allegedly working as a terror cell leader in west Baghdad, during an early-morning raid Oct. 2.
- Iraqi, Coalition raids net eight bombing suspects, weapons MNF-I 03 Oct 2005 -- Iraqi Army and Task Force Baghdad Soldiers seized six suspected improvised explosive device emplacers, detained two car bombing suspects, and unearthed three weapons caches during combined and independent combat operations Oct. 2.
- Terrorist encampment and large cache found in Diyala Province MNF-I 03 Oct 2005 -- Task Force Liberty and Iraqi Army Soldiers uncovered information leading to a possible anti-Iraqi force encampment during the discovery of a large weapons cache near Ghalibiyah at 12:30 a.m. Oct 3.
- NAVELSF Mobile Air Cargo Handlers Return from Middle East Navy NewsStand 03 Oct 2005 -- Twenty-four Navy Reservists from the Springfield, Mo., Navy and Marine Corps Reserve Center returned from the Middle East Sept. 28 after fulfilling a combat service support mission in Iraq and Kuwait.
- Letter by Retired Military Leaders to Senator John McCain 03 Oct 2005 -- "We strongly support your proposed amendments to the Defense Department Authorization bill concerning detainee policy, including requiring all interrogations of detainees in DOD custody to conform to the U.S. Army's Field Manual on Intelligence Interrogation (FM 34-52), and prohibiting the use of torture and cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment by any U.S. government agency."
- Iraq: UN envoy talks with neighbouring countries on latest developments UN News Centre 03 Oct 2005 -- Continuing his efforts to secure the support of Iraq's neighbours for the political transition, the top United Nations envoy in the war-torn country held talks today with Kuwaiti officials, who pledged their continued backing for the world body's mission.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list