19 September 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Kirkuk unit controls Iraqi sky AFPN 19 Sep 2005 -- The 727th Expeditionary Air Control Squadron Detachment 1 here provides instantaneous and continuous information superiority by providing commanders and pilots with a real-time view of northern Iraq's airspace.
- Raids Disrupt Terrorists; Citizen Leads Troops to Caches AFPS 19 Sep 2005 -- Coalition forces raided two terrorist safe houses in Mosul, Iraq, today, killing two terrorists and detaining three others, military officials reported.
- U.S. Forces seize weapons, capture terror suspects MNF-I 19 Sep 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers uncovered two weapons caches and arrested two terror suspects Sept. 17, denying terrorists an opportunity to conduct attacks against Coalition Forces and innocent Iraqi civilians.
- Coalition raids net 10 suspected terrorists MNF-I 19 Sep 2005 -- Coalition Forces captured 10 terror suspects in three separate combat operations conducted in and around the capitol city.
- Soldiers foil ambush, find weapons cache in al-Rashid MNF-I 19 Sep 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers thwarted a potential ambush and found a weapons cache after investigating suspicious vehicles on a southwest Baghdad road Sept. 16.
- Iraqi citizen leads Coalition Forces personnel to 4 cache sites MNF-I 19 Sep 2005 -- An Iraqi citizen led Coalition Forces to four cache weapons sites southwest of Kirkuk around 6:15 p.m. Sept. 18.
- Early morning raids disrupt terrorist activities MNF-I 19 Sep 2005 -- Coalition forces raided two terrorist safe houses in Mosul, killing two terrorists and detaining three others Sept. 19 at 1:51 a.m.
- Iraqi Officials: $1 Billion Missing From Defense Ministry VOA 19 Sep 2005 -- Iraqi officials say at least $1 billion disappeared from Iraq's defense ministry during the interim government of Iyad Allawi.
- Minister: $1 Billion Plundered From Iraqi Funds RFE/RL 19 Sep 2005 -- Iraq's finance minister says that some $1 billion have been stolen from Iraq's government ministries.
- IRAQ: New draft constitution sent for printing IRIN 19 Sep 2005 -- The new Iraqi draft constitution has finally been sent for printing after weeks of disagreement between political leaders over sticking points which will now be decided upon in a referendum on 15 October, officials said.
- IRAQ: Test census to be conducted IRIN 19 Sep 2005 -- The Iraqi government is to conduct a test census across the country on 16 October as part of preparations for a general count of its population in 2007, an official said.
- Tight Security in Karbala for Shi'ite Festival After Zarqawi Threat VOA 19 Sep 2005 -- Thousands of Iraqi police and troops are on high alert in the Shi'ite holy city of Karbala as hundreds of thousands of pilgrims gathered for a Shi'ite religious festival.
- Saddam Nephew Sentenced For Funding Insurgents RFE/RL 19 Sep 2005 -- A nephew of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein was sentenced to life in prison today on charges of funding Iraq's violent insurgency and bomb-making.
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 8, Number 32 19 September 2005 -- AL-ZARQAWI DECLARES WAR ON SHI'ITES; VIOLENCE FLARES / CHEMICAL THREAT AIMED AT OFFENSIVE IN TAL AFAR
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|