Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
17 September 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Raids in Iraq Net Suspected Terrorists, Weapons AFPS 17 Sep 2005 -- Early morning raids today resulted in the detention of five suspected terrorists and the confiscation or destruction of multiple weapons caches, military officials in Iraq reported.
- At Least 14 Dead in Blast at Iraqi Market VOA 17 Sep 2005 -- Insurgents pressing a campaign of violence against Iraq's Shi'ite Muslims struck again Saturday, detonating a car bomb at a market on the outskirts of Baghdad, killing at least 14 people.
- Coalition Forces raid foreign fighter safe house MNF-I 17 Sep 2005 -- Coalition Forces raided two suspected al-Qaida in Iraq foreign fighter safe houses in the town of Ubaydi, located in northern Iraq and discovered a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device and other terror weapons Sept. 17 at 4:14 am.
- Multi-National forces capture key terror leaders in Mosul MNF-I 17 Sep 2005 -- Multi-National forces, acting on multiple intelligence sources and tips from local citizens, raided a suspected al-Qaida in Iraq terrorist location in southwest Mosul, Sept. 5, capturing the top al-Qaida leaders in the city.
- Joint raid nets suspects, weapons, VBIEDs MNF-I 17 Sep 2005 -- Based on information gathered from Iraqi civilians, a joint raid in Samarra at about 3:30 a.m. on Sept. 17 detained three suspected terrorists, one of whom tested positive for explosive residue at the scene.
- Joint raid in Baqubah nets two detainees, weapons MNF-I 17 Sep 2005 -- Task Force Liberty and Iraqi Army Soldiers detained two individuals and seized a number of weapons during a joint raid in Baqubah at 5 a.m. Sept. 17.
- Poll Indicates Americans Worry About Cost of Iraq War VOA 17 Sep 2005 -- A new public opinion poll indicates that Americans' support for the war in Iraq is at its lowest ever - and that in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, most Americans are concerned Iraq is draining money and resources needed at home.
- Article 32 investigation delayed MNF-I 17 Sep 2005 -- The Article 32 Investigation for Staff Sgt. Alberto B. Martinez, formerly of Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 42nd Infantry Division (Mechanized), has been delayed.
- IRAQ: Displaced Talafar families living rough - IRCS IRIN 17 Sep 2005 -- The number of families who have fled their homes in Talafar, northern Iraq, due to ongoing fighting between Coalition forces and insurgents has risen to about 5,000, the Iraqi Red Crescent Society (IRCS) said.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list