Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
13 September 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 13 Sep 2005 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: Press Briefing on Overview of Operation Restoring Rights in Tall Afar, Iraq 13 Sep 2005 -- Presenter: Army Col. H. R. McMaster, commander of the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment
- Defense Department Report: Iraq Operational Update Washington File 13 Sep 2005 -- Terrorists have suffered hundreds of casualties and are on the run from an Iraqi city near the Syrian border, a U.S. Army colonel says.
- Two terrorists killed emplacing IED MNF-I 13 Sep 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers killed two terrorists who were trying to emplace an improvised explosive device in Samarra at about 2:30 p.m. Sept. 12.
- Civilian leads Soldiers to munitions in eastern Diyala Province MNF-I 13 Sep 2005 -- A civilian led Task Force Liberty Soldiers to a large number of munitions along the Iranian border in eastern Diyala Province at about 4:30 p.m. Sept. 12.
- U.S. Soldiers, Iraqi Police discover vehicle-borne IED MNF-I 13 Sep 2005 -- U.S. Soldiers and Iraqi Police discovered and defused a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device near Sha Lanei, southwest of Musayyib, on Sept 10th.
- Coalition Forces detain known terrorist in Haditha MNF-I 13 Sep 2005 -- Coalition Forces captured a known terrorist during a raid in Haditha Sept. 13 at approximately 2:30 a.m.
- Operations in Tall Afar net 78 terror suspects MNF-I 13 Sep 2005 -- Task Force Freedom detained 78 suspected terrorists during operations in Tall Afar Sept. 12 as Operation Restoring Rights continued.
- Operation Restoring Rights continues in Tall Afar MNF-I 13 Sep 2005 -- In the last 24 hours, the Iraqi Army's 3rd Division and U.S. Army's 3rd Armored Calvary Regiment have continued Operation Restoring Rights in Tall Afar.
- Al Qaeda-Connected Terrorist, Other Insurgents Captured AFPS 13 Sep 2005 -- Coalition forces captured a terrorist today known to have connections with senior leaders of al Qaeda in Iraq, officials reported.
- Tall Afar Terrorists 'On the Run,' U.S. Officer Says AFPS 13 Sep 2005 -- Terrorists who once ran the western Iraq city of Tall Afar have been routed by American and Iraqi security forces, a U.S. military officer told Pentagon journalists today.
- 'Operation Restoring Rights' to secure Tal Afar Army News 13 Sep 2005 -- At least 119 suspected terrorists have been detained since Sept. 10 by Iraqi security forces and Coalition troops in northern Iraq as they continue operations to purge insurgents from the city of Tal Afar, about 30 miles west of Mosul.
- Reconstruction underway in Tal Afar after offensive Army News 13 Sep 2005 -- Scores of insurgents were reportedly killed, detained or fled from the town of Tal Afar Sept. 11 as Coalition forces launched an offensive into the city, located about 30 miles west of Mosul in northern Iraq.
- Central-South troops seize weapons and ammunition MNF-I 13 Sep 2005 -- Multi-National Division Central-South units along with Iraqi security forces seized a weapons cache in Wasit province Sept. 12.
- Bush Seeks to Pressure Syria over Lebanon, Iraq VOA 13 Sep 2005 -- President Bush says he is trying to bring more international pressure on Syria to stop blocking emerging democracies in the Middle East and to secure its border with Iraq.
- Iraq: top UN envoy resumes efforts to facilitate political process UN News Centre 13 Sep 2005 -- After a short trip away from Iraq, the top United Nations envoy in the war-torn country has plunged back into talks with political leaders in an effort to facilitate the political process ahead of next month's scheduled referendum on a new constitution.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list