Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
11 September 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Task Force Liberty Soldier killed by IED near Samarra
- Iraqi, American Soldiers Seize Anti-Terrorist Initiative AFPS 11 Sep 2005 -- Iraqi and coalition forces have seized the initiative in a series of operations in and around Baghdad and north and west of the city, official said today.
- Iraqi, US Forces Press Assault on Insurgents in Northern City VOA 11 Sep 2005 -- A day after launching an all-out assault, Iraqi and U.S. military officials say their troops are making significant progress in their efforts to rid the northern Iraqi city of Tal Afar of insurgents and foreign fighters
- US, Iraqi Troops Report Gains Near Syrian Border VOA 11 Sep 2005 -- Thousands of Iraqi troops backed by U.S. forces are continuing their push through the northern Iraqi city of Tal Afar, an insurgent stronghold near the borders of Syria and Turkey.
- Iraqi, U.S. Soldiers Sweep Through Tal Afar RFE/RL 11 Sep 2005 -- Thousands of Iraqi soldiers, backed by U.S. troops, are conducting house-to-house searches in Tal Afar, an Iraqi city close to the Syrian border that is believed to be an insurgent stronghold.
- More Violence Reported Across Iraq RFE/RL 11 Sep 2005 -- Thousands of Iraqi soldiers backed by U.S. troops are continuing their offensive to wrest control of a city close to the Syrian border from insurgents.
- Iraq: Operation In Tal Afar A Success, But For How Long? RFE/RL 11 Sep 2005 -- After months of preparation, some 5,000 Iraqi security forces backed by 3,500 U.S. troops launched a major push into the northwestern Iraqi town of Tal Afar on 10 September in an effort to drive out terrorists based there once and for all.
- Iraqi-American Operation Captures Terrorists, Neutralizes Car Bomb AFPS 11 Sep 2005 -- A recently completed joint Iraqi-American military mission, shows that Iraqi soldiers are becoming increasingly capable and exercising greater initiative and independence, U.S. military personnel in Iraq said.
- Operation Restoring Rights continues in Tall Afar MNF-I 11 Sep 2005 -- In Tall Afar, Iraqi security forces and Coalition Forces continued operations Sept. 10 to purge the city of terrorists, detaining 41 individuals suspected of terrorist activity during a cordon and search.
- Tip leads Soldiers to cache in Diyala Province MNF-I 11 Sep 2005 -- Task Force Liberty and Iraqi Army Soldiers followed a civilian tip to a cache of artillery and mortar rounds near Jalula in Diyala Province and detained four individuals Sept. 10 at about 4:30 p.m.
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers seize cache of mortars near Bayji MNF-I 11 Sep 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers discovered and seized a cache of mortar rounds near Bayji at about 11 a.m. Sept. 10 while searching a farm north of the city.
- Operation Cyclone begins MNF-I 11 Sep 2005 -- Iraqi Security Forces and Coalition Forces have launched a cordon and search operation against a known terrorist safe haven in the western Al Anbar province town of Rutbah.
- Multi-National Forces capture Al-Qaida terrorist brigade leader MNF-I 11 Sep 2005 -- Multi-National Forces captured Ammar 'Abd-Al-Hafiz 'Abd Muhummad (aka Ammar Amam Wakhtif or Sheik Ammar), an admitted terrorist and leader of the Nu'man Brigade, in a raid earlier in September in the Ramadi area.
- Joint search captures suspected IED cell in Kirkuk MNF-I 11 Sep 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers and Iraqi Police detained eight individuals suspected of making and emplacing improvised explosive devices in Kirkuk at about 3:30 a.m. Sept. 11.
- IRAQ: UN concerned over lack of protection for civilians IRIN 11 Sep 2005 -- Lack of protection for innocent civilians in Iraq and deficiencies in the administration of justice continue to be major challenges to the authorities in the war-ravaged country, the UN Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) said.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list