05 September 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Seven terrorists killed firing from mosque in eastern Tall Afar MNF-I 05 Sep 2005 -- Seven terrorists operating from within a mosque described as a Takfirist meeting place in the Sarai District of Tall Afar were killed Sept. 4 after they engaged Iraqi and Coalition troops with heavy machine guns and RPGs.
- 4th Brigade Soldiers capture suspected terrorists MNF-I 05 Sep 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers detained seven suspected terrorists during an early-morning raid Sept. 2, in the western al-Rashid district of Baghdad.
- Soldiers discover IED making cell MNF-I 05 Sep 2005 -- Soldiers of the 2nd Squadron, 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment, 155th Brigade Combat Team, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward) discovered an improvised explosive device making cache north of Forward Operating Base Kalsu Sept. 4th.
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detain terrorists following mortar attack MNF-I 05 Sep 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detained six terrorists suspected of carrying out a mortar attack against a Coalition base near Balad at about 5 a.m. Sept. 5.
- Senior Fallujah terrorist aide captured MNF-I 05 Sep 2005 -- Multi-National Forces raided a suspected terrorist location in the Hillah area Aug. 29 and captured Ayad Adnan Away Samir, a key terrorist facilitator in the Fallujah area.
- Insurgents Attack Iraqi Interior Ministry RFE/RL 05 Sep 2005 -- Insurgents launched a surprise attack on Iraq's Interior Ministry today, killing two police guards and wounding five others.
- Iraqi Officials: 11 Dead in Suicide Attack in Hit VOA 05 Sep 2005 -- Iraqi officials say 11 people were killed and another 16 were wounded by a suicide car bomber targeting a coalition base in the western town of Hit.
- Gunship Attack Kills Iraqi Terrorists; Bomb-Making Cache Found AFPS 05 Sep 2005 -- Unable to suppress a barrage of machine gun and rocket propelled grenade fire from insurgents holed up in a mosque in the Sarai district of Tal Afar, Iraq, coalition forces called in helicopter gunships to stop the enemy salvo, Multinational Force Iraq officials reported today.
- Army to Aid Louisiana Army Guard Unit with Early Return from Iraq Army News Release 05 Sep 2005 -- More than 2,800 Soldiers from a unit with the Louisiana Army National Guard are returning early from Iraq this week following their duties in Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Team to help Guard Soldiers return to Louisiana Army News 05 Sep 2005 -- The Army has deployed a special team to Fort Polk, La., to support Soldiers in the Louisiana Army National Guard who are returning this month from duty in Iraq to their families and homes in the region affected by Hurricane Katrina.
- Iraq: Sunni Drafting-Committee Member Talks About Constitution RFE/RL 05 Sep 2005 -- RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq (RFI) conducted an exclusive interview with Sunni Arab drafting-committee member Salih al-Mutlaq in Baghdad on 4 September.
- Iraq To Try Saddam Next Month RFE/RL 05 Sep 2005 -- The long-awaited trial date for deposed Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is set for 19 October.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|