Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
30 August 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT TO COMMEMORATE THE 60TH ANNIVERSARY OF V-J DAY Washington File 30 Aug 2005 -- President Bush says he has "confidence" in the successful outcome of the global campaign against terrorism, comparing the battle to the struggle faced by the United States and its allies during World War II.
- Rumsfeld: Iraqi Constitution Vote Expected to Succeed AFPS 30 Aug 2005 -- The draft constitution submitted to the Iraqi National Assembly will not be voted down by the public, even if some Sunni groups don't agree with the document, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said here Aug. 29.
- U.S. Ambassador Forecasts 'Edits' To Iraqi Draft RFE/RL 30 Aug 2005 -- U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Zalmay Khalilzad said today that he believes there could be more changes to Iraq's draft constitution.
- Bush Backs Iraq Draft Constitution VOA News 30 Aug 2005 -- President Bush is praising Iraq's draft constitution, saying U.S. troops there will stay on the offensive against insurgents until a new government can better defend itself.
- Rumsfeld Defends U.S. Position in Iraq AFPS 30 Aug 2005 -- The U.S. is not losing the war in Iraq, but is doing important work to encourage democracy and freedom in a country that has known nothing but vicious dictatorship for years, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said here Aug. 29.
- Sunnis Demonstrate In Tikrit RFE/RL 30 Aug 2005 -- Hundreds of Sunnis took to the streets of deposed Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit yesterday to protest against Iraq's draft constitution.
- Sunni Proposes Coalition To Defeat Iraqi Charter RFE/RL 30 Aug 2005 -- A top Sunni Arab negotiator in Iraq today called on a Shi'ite cleric to join a coalition to defeat the Iraqi constitution in the 15 October referendum.
- Iraq: Liberal Women Worry Draft Constitution Could Roll Back Some Rights RFE/RL 30 Aug 2005 -- Liberal Iraqi women and secular parties fought hard to protect women's rights in the drafting of Iraq's first post-Saddam Hussein constitution.
- Reactions to Iraqi Draft Constitution Mixed VOA 30 Aug 2005 -- Iraq's Sunni minority has rejected the country's draft constitution, finalized Sunday by Shi'ite and Kurdish leaders.
- IRAQ: Child mortality rates finally dropping IRIN 30 Aug 2005 -- While the health situation for Iraqi children remains perilous, reports from the Ministry of Health and Environment indicate that the last year has witnessed an important drop in rates of disease among children under five, particularly for cholera and diarrhoea.
- IRAQ: Population still affected by severe power cuts IRIN 30 Aug 2005 -- Iraqis are still suffering from power shortages countrywide – receiving less than four hours of electricity daily – despite the government’s recent announcement that more money would be spent on this sector.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list