Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
27 August 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- 1,000 Security Detainees Released From Abu Ghraib AFPS 27 Aug 2005 -- Coalition officials have released nearly 1,000 detainees from Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison over the past several days, officials in Baghdad, Iraq, announced.
- U.S. Releases About 1,000 Abu Ghurayb Prisoners RFE/RL 27 Aug 2005 -- The U.S. military said today that some 1,000 detainees at the Abu Ghurayb prison in Iraq have been released over the past three days.
- 1,000 security detainees released from Abu Ghraib MNF-I 27 Aug 2005 -- At the request and with the assistance of the Iraqi government, Multi-National Force - Iraq accelerated the Combined Review and Release Board process to expedite the release of nearly 1,000 detainees from the Abu Ghraib Theater Internment Facility from Aug. 24 through Aug. 27.
- Foreign terrorist facilitator killed in Mosul gun battle MNF-I 27 Aug 2005 -- Coalition forces killed Abu Khallad, a major facilitator of foreign fighters and suicide bombers into northern Iraq, during operations in Mosul on Aug. 25.
- Eleven suspected terrorists detained after Khalis raid MNF-I 27 Aug 2005 -- Eleven suspected terrorists detained after Khalis raid
- Premature IED detonation leads to capture of terrorists in Hit MNF-I 27 Aug 2005 -- Iraqi Army soldiers and Coalition forces conducting a dismounted patrol responded to the scene of an improvised explosive device detonation and searched the area, capturing two wounded insurgents Aug. 26.
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers and Iraqi Police capture terrorist MNF-I 27 Aug 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers and Iraqi Police captured a terrorist after responding to an explosion at a house in Kirkuk Aug. 27.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list