Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
12 August 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 12 Aug 2005 [PDF]
- TASK FORCE LIBERTY SOLDIER KILLED BY IED
- MARINE DIES OF WOUNDS SUFFERED NEAR AR RAMADI
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- Transcript: Special DoD Press Briefing 12 Aug 2005 -- Presenter: Brigadier General Yves J. Fontaine, USA, Commander, 1ST Corps Support Command, Multinational Corps-Iraq
- US General Says Bomb Attacks on Iraq Convoys Doubled in Last Year VOA 12 Aug 2005 -- A top U.S. general who oversees logistical support operations in Iraq says bomb attacks on supply convoys have doubled in the past year
- Successes this week in Iraq (5-11 Aug., 2005) MNF-I 12 Aug 2005 -- Reconstruction projects strengthened Iraq's infrastructure this week, while community leaders showed their commitment to rebuilding. Iraqi Security Forces continue to be an essential part in working to increase the country's security.
- 155th Brigade Combat Team Soldiers uncover weapons cache MNF-I 12 Aug 2005 -- Soldiers of the 150th Engineer Battalion, 155th Brigade Combat Team, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward) recently discovered a weapons cache near Forward Operating Base Dogwood.
- U.S. Soldiers foil 7 bomb attacks, nab 8 suspects MNF-I 12 Aug 2005 -- A group of Iraqi citizens helped Task Force Baghdad Soldiers working in northwest Baghdad find two roadside bombs before terrorists could use them Aug. 10.
- Task Force Liberty helicopter accident MNF-I 12 Aug 2005 -- Two Task Force Liberty Soldiers were injured as a result of a helicopter accident near Kirkuk at about 10:00 a.m. August 12.
- Security forces guard gates, protect Air Force resources AFPN 12 Aug 2005 -- They stand beneath the blistering sun, ever-vigilant against the threat of someone trying to break through their barriers.
- Partnership Between U.S., Iraqi Logistics Forces Yielding Results, Commander Says AFPS 12 Aug 2005 -- As a result of a training partnership with U.S. logistics support groups, two Iraqi motorized transportation regiments are ready to operate independently, a U.S. commander said today.
- Iraqi, U.S. Soldiers keep Sadr streets safe Army News 12 Aug 2005 -- Patrols by U.S. and Iraqi Army Soldiers have resulted in safer streets for the citizens of Sadr City.
- Annan hopeful for 'satisfactory closure' on missing Kuwaitis in Iraq UN News Centre 12 Aug 2005 -- In a new report on the fate of Kuwaitis who went missing in Iraq after the 1990 invasion of their country, United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan says he is hopeful that with the expanding activities of Kuwaiti investigative teams and increased cooperation by the new Iraqi authorities, more human remains will eventually be brought to Kuwait and more missing persons files can be closed.
- Iraqi Sunni Reject Calls For Shi'ite Region RFE/RL 12 Aug 2005 -- Sunni Arab members of the committee drafting Iraq's new constitution are rejecting calls for a Shi'ite autonomous region, days before the deadline for parliament to approve the charter.
- Iraqi Shi'ite Leader Calls For Autonomy RFE/RL 12 Aug 2005 -- A major Shi'ite politician has called for an autonomous Shi'ite federal region in the south of the country.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list