Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
14 July 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 14 Jul 2005 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: Defense Department Operational Update Briefing 14 Jul 2005 -- Presenter: Lawrence Di Rita, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs
- Top US General Warns of Violence in Iraq, Afghanistan as Elections Near VOA 14 Jul 2005 -- The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff says progress is being made in Afghanistan and Iraq. He also warned that the insurgents in both countries would increase their attacks in future months ahead of major political milestones.
- IRAQ WRAP VOA 14 Jul 2005 -- Baghdad, Iraqi troops thwarted an attack by three suicide bombers outside the heavily fortified Green Zone. Although several people were wounded, the U.S. military calls Thursday morning's attack a failure for the insurgency
- More Attacks In Baghdad RFE/RL 14 Jul 2005 -- Two suicide bombers attacked Baghdad's Green Zone today, and a third would-be suicide bomber was captured before he could set off his explosive device.
- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers arrest two terror suspects MNF-I 14 Jul 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers from the 2nd Battalion, 70th Armor Regiment captured two terror suspects after stopping a grey BMW on a major highway in west Baghdad July 12.
- Coalition Forces and Kirkuk 's religious leaders hold conference MNF-I 14 Jul 2005 -- Soldiers of the 116th Brigade Combat Team (BCT) and Kirkuk 's religious leaders came together for a religious conference July 6.
- Bodies Of 10 Executed Men Found In Baghdad RFE/RL 14 Jul 2005 -- Iraqi police say security forces have discovered the bodies of 10 men handcuffed, blindfolded, and shot in the head.
- Two Bombs Hit Near Baghdad's Green Zone RFE/RL 14 Jul 2005 -- Two suicide bombers struck a busy checkpoint at the main entrance to Baghdad's heavily fortified Green Zone today, killing at least one person and injuring a number of others.
- Suicide Bomber Stopped Near Checkpoint Before Attack AFPS 14 Jul 2005 -- Iraqi and Task Force Baghdad forces wounded and captured a suicide bomber today before he could blow himself up near a coalition checkpoint in central Baghdad.
- Iraqi, U.S. Forces Capture Al Qaeda Leaders AFPS 14 Jul 2005 -- Multinational forces in Iraq have captured two high-ranking al Qaeda operatives with ties to wanted terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, military officials announced today.
- Iraqi Security Forces Prove Capability AFPS 14 Jul 2005 -- Iraqi security forces continue to show their progress toward independence with their prevention of two terrorist attacks this week and their ongoing involvement in successful operations throughout the country, a military official in Baghdad said today.
- Al Qaeda Captures To Yield Intel But Won't End Insurgency AFPS 14 Jul 2005 -- The capture of two key al Qaeda operatives in Iraq this week is expected to yield valuable intelligence but won't stop the insurgency, the Defense Department's top spokesman told Pentagon reporters today.
- New Details Emerge About Thwarted Baghdad Suicide Attack AFPS 14 Jul 2005 -- As military officials continue to investigate a thwarted suicide-bomb attack today, new details are emerging about how the events unfolded.
- Baghdad Car Bombs Kill 20; Two U.S. Marines Killed AFPS 14 Jul 2005 -- Three suicide-car-bomb attacks today in Baghdad, Iraq, claimed the lives of 15 Iraqi civilians and five Iraqi soldiers. Six Iraqi soldiers and 17 civilians were wounded.
- UN, U.S. Condemn Targeting Of Children In Iraq RFE/RL 14 Jul 2005 -- The United Nations and the United States have led condemnations of the bombing in Baghdad that killed at least 27 people and injured up to 70 others, most of them Iraqi children and teenagers.
- Iraq: Blurred Line Between Terrorism And Honorable Resistance RFE/RL 14 Jul 2005 -- Community leaders in Iraq have been calling for months for a distinction to be made between two core groups that both call themselves "honorable resistance." The first group is the so-called nationalist forces -- former Ba'athists and other secular Sunni groups.
- IRAQ: Children killed in car bombing IRIN 14 Jul 2005 -- At least 26 children have been killed and 13 injured after a suicide bomber blew himself up near a US convoy in the Iraqi capital on Wednesday, according to the Ministry of Interior (MoI).
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list