Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
01 July 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 01 Jul 2005 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: Defense Department Special Briefing on Security Operations in Northwest Iraq 01 Jul 2005 -- Presenter: U.S. Army Major General David Rodriguez, Commander, Multinational Force Northwest and Task Force Freedom
- CVW-9 Aircraft Drops Bomb on Iraqi Insurgents Navy NewsStand 01 Jul 2005 -- A Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 9 F/A-18F strike fighter jet, flying from USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70) in the Persian Gulf, dropped one precision-guided bomb on Iraqi insurgents June 25.
- More Iraqi Forces Patrol Syrian Border VOA 01 Jul 2005 -- The commanding general of coalition forces in northwestern Iraq says experienced Iraqi units are playing a greater role in the effort to secure the border with Syria, which most of the foreign fighters operating in Iraq are believed to have crossed. The general spoke from Mosul in a news conference with reporters at the Pentagon.
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers recover hundreds of rounds MNF-I 01 Jul 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers found and destroyed eight different caches in Kirkuk Province June 29-30, eliminating several hundred artillery and mortar rounds of various sizes.
- Iraqi civilians work with Coalition Forces to discover terrorist cache MNF-I 01 Jul 2005 -- Based on information from an Iraqi civilian, Soldiers from Company B, 3rd Battalion, 116th Armor Regiment, Task Force Liberty discovered an unexploded ordnance cache in the Kirkuk Province June 29.
- Multi-National Forces detain 12, seize weapons MNF-I 01 Jul 2005 -- Multi-National Forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) detained 12 suspected terrorists and seized weapons during operations in Mosul June 30.
- MNF-W conducting inquiry into death of Iraqi near Haditha MNF-I 01 Jul 2005 -- Multi-National Force-West has been made aware of allegations that Coalition Forces caused the death of Mohammed Al-Sumaida'ie in his home near Haditha on June 25, 2005.
- U.S. Forces in Iraq Nab Suspects, Find Weapons Caches AFPS 01 Jul 2005 -- Multinational forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team), detained 12 suspected terrorists and seized weapons in Mosul, Iraq, June 30.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list