Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
03 June 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 03 Jun 2005 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Two Iraqis dead following vehicle crash into Bradley MNF-I 03 Jun 2005 -- Two Iraqi civilians were killed in a vehicle accident between a Coalition forces vehicle and an Iraqi civilian vehicle at about 6:10 a.m. June 3 near Khalis in Diyala Province
- Airmen guard camp, detainees in Iraq AFPN 03 Jun 2005 -- Airmen here are performing jobs normally reserved for deployed Soldiers. They are escorting patrols and convoys, helping provide force protection for an Army camp and guarding detainees.
- 26th MEU hones urban skills in the sand USMC News 03 Jun 2005 -- Marines from Battalion Landing Team 2nd Bn., 8th Marines, 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable), conducted urban warfare live-fire training recently at the military operations in urban terrain (MOUT) facility at Udairi Range, Kuwait.
- 3/4 "Docs" train for the worst USMC News 03 Jun 2005 -- Twenty-three corpsmen with 3rd Battalion, 4th Marines, Regimental Combat Team-8, conducted a mass casualty drill here, May 31.
- 26th MEU conquers the night to sustain convoys USMC News 03 Jun 2005 -- Echo and Golf Companies with support from Combined Anti-Armor Team "Bravo," as well as CAAT "Alpha," all with Battalion Landing Team, 2nd Bn., 8th Marines, conducted tactical convoy re-supply operations recently during the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit's (Special Operations Capable) current training exercise at Udairi Range.
- 1/5 Marines teach Iraqis ways of the warrior, produce capable ISF USMC News 03 Jun 2005 -- While a majority of 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment's frontline forces patrol the urban battlefield hunting for insurgents, a platoon of Marines with Company B have a different role in the securing of this city and the restoration of its infrastructure - training Iraqi Security Forces.
- 2nd LAR supports RCT-2, Operation Matador USMC News 03 Jun 2005 -- Marines of Company B, 2nd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, Regimental Combat Team-2 (RCT-2) stand on top boxes of meals-ready-to-eat so they can see out of a light armored vehicle and scan an Iraqi village in the distance, watching for insurgents trying to escape the town as U.S. Marines were clearing it during Operation Matador here May 7-15.
- UN Says Iraq Weapons Material "Missing" VOA 03 Jun 2005 -- U.N. weapons inspectors have concluded that material that could be used for biological and chemical weapons has been removed from more than 100 sites in Iraq.
- Iran: Tehran Invited To Join EU, U.S. At Iraqi Reconstruction Meeting RFE/RL 03 Jun 2005 -- Iran might join officials from the United States, European Union, and Iraq at a meeting later in June on Iraqi reconstruction. Jean Asselborn, the foreign minister of Luxembourg, which currently holds the EU Presidency, said yesterday that Tehran has been formally invited to attend the 22 June meeting in Brussels.
- U.S., EU, Iraq Set Goals for Upcoming Brussels Conference Washington File 03 Jun 2005 -- In a joint statement, the United States, the European Union (EU) and Iraq have laid out the purpose of the upcoming International Conference on Iraq, which is to be held in Brussels, Belgium, June 21-22.
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 8, Number 18 03 Jun 2005 -- KURDISH PARTIES AGREE TO CONVENE PARLIAMENT / RICE ASSURES CONTINUED ENGAGEMENT / RFE/RL'S RADIO FREE IRAQ HELPS FOSTER DIALOGUE ON CONSTITUTION
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list