Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
16 May 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 16 May 2005 [PDF]
- Iraqi, U.S Soldiers nab terror suspects, seize weapons MNF-I/MNC-I 16 May 2005 -- Iraqi Army and Task Force Baghdad units conducted a series of independent and joint operations here May 15 to crack down on terrorists and root out weapons caches.
- Coalition jets support troops in Operation Matador MNF-I/MNC-I 16 May 2005 -- Coalition aircraft provided close air support and intelligence to Coalition troops in western Iraq as part of Operation Matador May 7 - 15.
- Insurgent Rampage Kills at Least 13 in Iraq VOA 16 May 2005 -- At least 13 people, including two journalists, have been killed in Iraq, as insurgents renewed attacks across Baghdad and beyond.
- Iraqi, U.S Soldiers nab terror suspects, seize weapons Army News 16 May 2005 -- Iraqi Army and Task Force Baghdad units conducted a series of independent and joint operations May 15 to crack down on terrorists and root out weapons caches.
- U.S. forces continue training Iraq's future USMC News 16 May 2005 -- Fathal Jabbar and his 19 comrades sit together atop stone bleachers, proudly clutching red folders tightly in their hands as they swap stories about their experiences over the past few days.
- Upgraded equipment gets first use during combat operations USMC News 16 May 2005 -- Marines with 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment received training May, 11, covering the operation and preventive maintenance of newly upgraded optics.
- 8th ESB Marines establish gate to the future USMC News 16 May 2005 -- Ten Marines from Heavy Equipment Platoon, Support Company, 8th Engineer Support Battalion, 2d Force Service Support Group (Forward), recently enhanced force protection for Coalition and Iraqi Security Forces alike by establishing a new Entry Control Point on Camp Habbaniyah.
- 'Tomcats' finish deployment, return home to Yuma USMC News 16 May 2005 -- Two hundred Marines with Marine Attack Squadron 311 are returning to their home base, Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, Ariz., May 17 after completing a six-month tour.
- India, 3/2's stand against insurgency USMC News 16 May 2005 -- Since arriving at this bunker-enforced, secluded base on the edge of the Iraqi-Syrian boarder, Marines of India Company, 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, Regimental Combat Team-2 have experienced mortar-fire from the insurgency on a regular basis.
- Iraqi Army opens Ground Forces Command Headquarters MNF-I/MNC-I 16 May 2005 -- A small group of Iraqi and Coalition dignitaries gathered in an undisclosed location in Baghdad May 15, for a ribbon-cutting ceremony marking the opening of the Iraqi Ground Forces Headquarters.
- IRAQ: Living conditions still poor, survey says IRIN 16 May 2005 -- Living conditions in Iraq suffered after the fall of Saddam Hussein, according to a survey conducted by the government, which highlighted problems in health, education and basic supplies.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list