Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
14 May 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- FOUR MARINES KILLED MAY 11
- Four Marines declared killed in action
- US Military Offensive in Iraq Continues Against Insurgents VOA 14 May 2005 -- The U.S. military officials in Iraq have announced that a week-long operation against militants was over as they confirmed the deaths of four more U.S. Marines near the Syrian border on May 11.
- Operation Matador completed MNF-I/MNC-I 14 May 2005 -- Marines, Sailors and Soldiers from Regimental Combat Team-2, 2nd Marine Division successfully completed Operation Matador May 14, concluding a seven-day operation securing objectives in and around the Euphrates River cities of Karabilah, Ramana and Ubaydi, near the Syrian border.
- Detainee dies at Camp Bucca MNF-I/MNC-I 14 May 2005 -- A 30-year-old male detainee at Camp Bucca died from an apparent heart attack at approximately 6 p.m., May 14.
- Multi-National Forces seize weapons cache MNF-I/MNC-I 14 May 2005 -- Multi-National Forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) seized a large weapons cache during an operation in northern Iraq May 12.
- 1/5 stays on offensive, searches Ramadi USMC News 13 May 2005 -- Continuing an aggressive approach to terrorism in the region, elements of 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment swept through a portion of the city here during the early-evening hours of May 7.
- Engineers patch Iraqi roadways, make convoys safer USMC News 13 May 2005 -- The Marines of 6th Engineer Support Battalion, augmenting 8th ESB and supporting Combat Logistics Battalion 2, 2nd Force Service Support Group (Forward), have been hard at work repairing the roadways throughout Western Iraq to make conducting convoy operations safer for their fellow service members.
- Task Force 3/2 restores water to Husaybah USMC News 13 May 2005 -- Many people in the city of Husaybah were without running water for more than a week, bringing the city to a standstill until Task Force 3/2 restored hope.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list