Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
12 May 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 12 May 2005 [PDF]
- TWO MARINES KILLED IN OPERATION MATADOR
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- SOLDIER KILLED NEAR MUSAYIB
- TASK FORCE LIBERTY SOLDIER KILLED, ONE WOUNDED BY IED
- TASK FORCE BAGHDAD SOLDIER KILLED IN BOMB ATTACK
- Coalition forces foil attacks; net 23 terrorists, weapons MNF-I/MNC-I 12 May 2005 -- Coalition forces stepped up combat operations throughout Baghdad May 10, foiling three terrorist attacks, taking 23 suspected terrorists off city streets and confiscating two weapons caches.
- Iraq: Suicide Bombers Sow Death And Fear RFE/RL 12 May 2005 -- Suicide bombers set off a wave of blasts in Iraq yesterday, killing at least 71 people and injuring more than 100. The blasts highlight a growing trend in which such attacks are becoming commonplace at Iraqi Army sites, police-recruitment centers, marketplaces, and crowded city streets. Most of those killed in the suicide bombings are innocent civilians, who live in constant fear of their lives and who increasingly distrust the new authorities' ability to cope with the situation.
- In Iraq Insurgents Use Hospital Patients as Human Shields, Children as Spies VOA 12 May 2005 -- Two incidents this past Saturday (May 7) in western Iraq illustrated for U.S. forces in the area the difficulty of fighting the insurgency. While U.S. marines in the area were launching a large-scale offensive against insurgents, other U.S. forces continued to deal with smaller scale, but also potentially deadly, insurgent operations.
- USS Mustin Rescues 27 in Persian Gulf Navy NewsStand 12 May 2005 -- The crew of USS Mustin (DDG 89) rescued 27 people from Motor Vessel Olympias when an engine-room fire engulfed the vessel at 11 p.m. local time, May 11, in the Northern Persian Gulf.
- MTACS-28 keeps tactical operations up and running USMC News 12 May 2005 -- The aim of Marine aviation is simple - support the Marines on the ground from the air.
- Bush Approves $82 Billion in Supplemental Funding AFPS 12 May 2005 -- President Bush signed into law on May 11 legislation that provides $82 billion in supplemental funding, most of it to help cover the cost of operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Myers Addresses Violence in Iraq, Afghanistan AFPS 12 May 2005 -- The recent spike in violence in Iraq represents an attempt to discredit the new Iraqi government and cabinet, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff told Pentagon reporters here today.
- US Senate Names British, French Politicians in Iraq Oil Deals VOA 12 May 2005 -- A U.S. Senate panel has presented evidence that a senior French politician and a British member of parliament received oil deals from Iraq's Saddam Hussein regime during the U.N. oil-for-food program.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list