26 April 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 26 Apr 2005 [PDF]
- Transcript: Defense Department Briefing with Secretary Rumsfeld and Gen. Myers 26 Apr 2005 -- Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld and Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Richard B. Myers
- Task Force Baghdad raids net notorious terrorists MNF-I/MNC-I 26 Apr 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers have conducted a series of offensive operations against terrorists in the Baghdad area since April 24, resulting in the capture of four individuals believed to have direct links to recent violent attacks.
- Suspected terrorists detained in As Sadiyah MNF-I/MNC-I 26 Apr 2005 -- Iraqi army and Task Force Liberty Soldiers detained two suspected terrorists in As Sadiyah in Diyala Province during a series of raids the night of April 25.
- BHR Sailors Help Fellow Sailors on Iraqi Oil Terminals Navy NewsStand 26 Apr 2005 -- Sailors from the multipurpose amphibious assault ship USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) (BHR) donated more than 150 pounds of goods to Sailors providing a 24-hour security presence on the Iraqi Al Basrah and Khawr Al Amaya Oil Terminals April 4.
- US Weapons Inspector: Iraq's WMD Search Found Nothing VOA News 26 Apr 2005 -- The top U.S. weapons inspector for Iraq says the search for weapons of mass destruction has "gone as far as feasible" and has found nothing.
- Myers: Coalition 'Definitely Winning' Against Insurgents AFPS 26 Apr 2005 -- The highest-ranking military official in the United States said today the coalition is "definitely winning" against insurgents in Iraq.
- Rice Urges Continued Momentum in Iraq Political Process AFPS 26 Apr 2005 -- It's important for the momentum in Iraq's political process to continue as the country forms its new government, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice told reporters during an April 25 briefing in Crawford, Texas.
- Iraqi citizens reimbursed for losses USMC News 26 Apr 2005 -- More than 200 Iraqi citizens gathered at the Fallujah Liaison Team site April 20 to file claims for damaged personal property and injuries or deaths to family members as a result of combat operations conducted by coalition forces during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Rumsfeld Urges Iraq to Avoid Unnecessary Political 'Turbulence' in Security Forces VOA News 26 Apr 2005 -- Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld says he told Iraqi officials during his recent visit to Baghdad earlier this month they should avoid unnecessary changes in the country's armed forces and the ministries that control them based on political considerations.
- Iraqi PM-Designate Completes Cabinet List VOA News 26 Apr 2005 -- Iraq's prime minister-designate has completed his list of proposed cabinet members after three months of political negotiations.
- Iraq: Security Problems Slow Reconstruction RFE/RL 26 Apr 2005 -- Much of the focus on Iraq these days concerns efforts to form a new government. But day-to-day life is ruled more by economic and security problems than political issues. Billions of dollars have been pledged or allocated for projects to revitalize Iraq's economy, but relatively little has so far been spent.
- Italian PM Insists Hostage Shooting Probe Not Completed VOA News 26 Apr 2005 -- Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has told lawmakers the probe into the shooting death of an Italian intelligence officer by American soldiers in Iraq last month has not yet been completed.
- Italians Angered at US Report on Killing of Intelligence Officer VOA News 26 Apr 2005 -- Italian authorities do not appear prepared to sign off on the probe into the shooting of an Italian intelligence officer in Baghdad by U.S. forces at a checkpoint. A U.S. defense official has said the final report clears the U.S. military of any responsibility.
- IRAQ: Contaminated flour taken out of bread basket IRIN 26 Apr 2005 -- Flour rations included in Iraq's monthly food Public Distribution System (PDS), operated by the Iraqi Ministry of Trade (MoT), were not provided in March and April due to traces of iron found in the flour, officials confirmed.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|