Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
17 April 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Indirect fire kills three Soldiers at Ramadi
- All Bucca escapees recaptured MNF-I/MNC-I 17 Apr 2005 -- Cooperation between Iraqi and US security forces has resulted in the successful recovery of all 11 detainees who had escaped Camp Bucca's detention facility April 16.
- 1/5's Alpha visits Ramadi hotspot USMC News 17 Apr 2005 -- Marines with 2nd Platoon, Company A, 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, were engaged by insurgents while conducting a combat patrol in the southern part of the city here.
- ScanEagle patrols Iraq: VMU-2 deploys unmanned system USMC News 17 Apr 2005 -- Iraq-Unmanned aerial vehicles have changed the way commanders, in the 21st century, decide on when and where to wage battles. The technology is more widely relied upon for today's fight in the Global War on Terrorism.
- 15th MEU (SOC) returns to ESG after tour in Baghdad USMC News 17 Apr 2005 -- The 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable) returned to Expeditionary Strike Group 5 ships after conducting a month of aggressive security and stabilization operations in southern Baghdad, Iraq, to disrupt insurgent operations.
- Iran condemns hostage taking in Iraq - Asefi IRNA 17 Apr 2005 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid reza Asefi condemned here Sunday taking as hostage of a large group of Shiites in the Iraqi city of Madaen by armed men and said that Iran rejected any act against the innocent and ordinary Iraqi citizens.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list