07 April 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 07 Apr 2005 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- CROWS arrive in Iraq to keep gunners out of sight Army News 07 Apr 2005 -- The first group of 35 remotely-operated weapons for mounting on top of Humvees arrived in Iraq recently and the systems were divided among military police, Special Forces, infantry and transportation units.
- 70 `War Ravens' of 81st BCT stay in Iraq Army News 07 Apr 2005 -- More than 70 Soldiers of the Washington National Guard's 81st Brigade Combat Team volunteered to remain in Iraq after their comrades returned home.
- Army Updates Detainee Operations Information Army News Release 07 Apr 2005 -- The Army continued its effort to keep the public informed concerning detainee operations by releasing documents today pursuant to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) litigation with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
- Bush Lauds New Iraqi Government AFPS 07 Apr 2005 -- President Bush has extended congratulations to Iraq's Transitional National Assembly on its selection of its next president and two deputy presidents.
- White House Congratulates New Iraqi Prime Minister Jaafari Washington File 07 Apr 2005 -- The White House extended its congratulations to Iraqi Prime Minister-designate Ibrahim Jaafari April 7, shortly after his appointment by the newly sworn-in Iraqi presidency council.
- Iraq Humanitarian and Reconstruction Assistance Updates USAID 07 Apr 2005 [PDF]
- IRAQ / TALABANI PROFILE VOA 07 Apr 2005 -- Kurdish leader Jalal Talabani is to be (eds: has been) inaugurated president, becoming Iraq's first non-Arab head-of-state in modern history.
- Iraq: Likely New Iraqi Prime Minister Has Ability To Unite Country RFE/RL 07 Apr 2005 -- Iraqi political leaders expect Islamist Shi'ite politician Ibrahim al-Ja'fari to be named prime minister today. Al-Ja'fari is the official spokesman of the Islamic Dawah Party, the oldest political faction among Iraq's Shi'ite majority. His party advocates Islamic reform and modernizing religious institutions. But, in many ways, al-Ja'fari is a hard man to pin down.
- New Iraqi Leaders Take Office, Name Prime Minister RFE/RL 07 Apr 2005 -- Iraq's new president was sworn into office today as lawmakers pushed ahead with the process of forming a government nearly 10 weeks after historic elections.
- Statement by the Secretary General on the new leadership in Iraq NATO 07 Apr 2005
- Iranian president welcomes election of Talabani as Iraq president IRNA 07 Apr 2005 -- Iranian President Mohammad Khatami Thursday congratulated veteran Kurdish leader Jalal Talabani on his election as the new Iraqi president, announcing Tehran's readiness for any cooperation and assistance.
- Iraq's President-Elect Talks To Radio Free Iraq RFE/RL 07 Apr 2005 -- RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq reported comments made by newly elected transitional President Jalal Talabani to reporters at the Baghdad Conference Palace following his election today.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|