Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
29 March 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Kearsarge Strike Group Deploys Navy NewsStand 29 Mar 2005 -- The USS Kearsarge (LHD 3) Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) and the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) got underway March 25 for their scheduled deployment.
- Transcript: Defense Department Briefing 29 Mar 2005 -- Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld; General Peter Pace, USMC, Vice Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- BUSH -IRAQ VOA 29 Mar 2005 -- President Bush says he believes a new Iraqi government will be chosen soon, and that the Iraqi nation will serve as a positive model for the region. The Bush administration is downplaying problems surrounding the selection process.
- RUMSFELD / IRAQ VOA 29 Mar 2005 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said Tuesday the key to defeating the Iraqi insurgency lies with the Iraqi people and their new transitional government. Despite the newly elected parliament's delay in forming a government, Mr. Rumsfeld remains cautiously optimistic about Iraq's future.
- IRAQ PARLIAMENT VOA 29 Mar 2005 -- Iraq's parliament met Tuesday for the second time since it was elected two months ago, but the session was suspended as members failed to choose a speaker. Correspondent Scott Bobb reports from Baghdad that leaders say the assembly will reconvene after a three-day religious holiday (Arbaeen).
- Iraqi National Assembly Fails To Select A Speaker RFE/RL 29 Mar 2005 -- Legislators in Iraq opened their National Assembly session today after a several-hour delay while they sought -- without success -- to choose a speaker.
- Militiamen Push Islam In Al-Basrah RFE/RL 29 Mar 2005 -- Thirty militiamen loyal to Shi'ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr allegedly attacked 600 picnicking students from Al-Basrah University's College of Engineering at the city's Al-Andulus park on 17 March, claiming the students had violated Islamic norms by dressing in Western clothing, singing, and dancing.
- Iraqi Media Monitoring UNAMI 29 Mar 2005
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list