Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
25 February 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- 3rd Infantry Prepares to Relieve 1st Cavalry in Baghdad AFPS 25 Feb 2005 -- As the 3rd Infantry Division returns to Baghdad, Iraq, to relieve the 1st Cavalry Division, the focus remains on securing the city, the commander of the outgoing division said in a news briefing there today.
- Iraq Government Negotiations May Be Protracted RFE/RL 25 Feb 2005 -- Ibrahim al-Ja'fari, the candidate of the Shi'a United Iraqi Alliance for the the post of prime minister, held talks with the country's top Shi'a cleric today on ways to include all parties in politics.
- SYRIA/IRAQ TV VOA 25 Feb 2005 -- U.S. officials are reacting cautiously to a videotape of interviews with purported insurgents in Iraq. On the tape, which aired on a U.S.-funded Iraqi television network, some of the men claim to have been trained by Syria to carry out attacks in Iraq.
- Army detainee ops plan includes 35 new units Army News 25 Feb 2005 -- The Army's provost marshal general provided details Feb. 23 of a plan to improve detainee operations from Iraq to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and establish 35 new Internment/Resettlement units.
- Iraq: Kurds Increase Pressure For Federation RFE/RL 25 Feb 2005 -- Iraqi Kurds are stepping up pressure for the country to become a federation in the wake of their strong showing in the January elections. The Kurds now are the second largest bloc in Iraq's National Assembly and have emerged as the swing-vote that both contenders for prime minister are courting.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list