Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
13 February 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Iraq Situation Defies Vietnam Analogy, CENTCOM Chief Says AFPS 14 Feb 2005 -- U.S. involvement in Iraq now is a very different situation from U.S. involvement in the Vietnam conflict more than 30 years ago, Gen. John Abizaid said today in Baghdad, Iraq, on the final leg of a three-day tour of the country.
- IRAQ/ELECTION VOA 13 Feb 2005 -- Iraqi election officials have announced the final results of last month's landmark election, and Iraq's main Shiite political alliance has come out on top, although short of a clear majority. The results are to be certified and made official in a few days.
- Iraqi Shi'a Alliance Claims 60 Percent Of Vote RFE/RL 13 Feb 2005 -- Reports from Baghdad say that Iraq's clergy-backed Shi'a Muslim alliance claimed today it had won 60 percent of the vote in the 30 January national elections.
- Official Iraqi Election Results Announced RFE/RL 13 Feb 2005 -- Iraq's Independent Election Commission today announced the final results of the 30 January general election, the first free poll in the country in five decades.
- POPE/IRAQ VOA 13 Feb 2005 -- Pope John Paul has greeted the faithful gathered in Saint Peter's Square and appealed for all hostages in Iraq to be released. The appearance was his first at the Vatican since his hospitalization for breathing problems linked to the flu.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list