Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
08 January 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- SOLDIER KILLED IN NON-HOSTILE VEHICLE ACCIDENT
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Violence Escalates as Crackdown on Insurgents Continues in Iraq AFPS 08 Jan 2005 -- Shortly after a U.S. Army general in Iraq predicted a surge in attacks with the approach of the Iraq elections, militants have abducted several senior Iraqi officials, beheaded an Iraqi who worked for the coalition and killed at least four others, according to today's press reports.
- COALITION AIR STRIKE IN MOSUL CENTCOM 08 Jan 2005 -- During a cordon and search operation to capture an anti-Iraqi force cell leader, a Coalition F-16 dropped one GBU-38, 500-lb GPS-guided bomb, in the area south of Mosul on the house intended for search.
- Daily Operations Summary for January 7, 2005 MNF-I/MNC-I 08 Jan 2005 -- Today, Multi-National Force (MNF) discovered and cleared 12 improvised explosive devices (IED) and 11 weapons caches. MNF also conducted six cordon and searches and four raids on suspected anti-Iraqi forces (AIF) facilities detaining 79 suspected AIF.
- Three of Four Key Talha Leaders Captured in Mosul MNF-I/MNC-I 08 Jan 2005 -- Multi-National Forces detained a key leader of the al Qa'ida-linked Abu Musab al-Zarqawi terrorist network in Mosul on Dec. 22.
- Multi-National Forces Detain 17 During Operations in Northern Iraq MNF-I/MNC-I 08 Jan 2005 -- Multi-National Forces from1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team), detained 17 suspected of anti-Iraqi activities during several operations in northern Iraq over the past 24 hours.
- Iraqi Man Thwarts IED Emplacement MNF-I/MNC-I 08 Jan 2005 -- An Iraqi man foiled an assault by three armed attackers outside his home in south central Iraq on Jan. 5, shooting one of the attackers and sending the other two fleeing.
- Coalition, Iraqi Forces Seek to Facilitate Voting for Sunnis Washington File 08 Jan 2005 -- The Bush administration hopes to encourage more Sunni participation in Iraq's elections with "as rigorous security procedures as possible," according to Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage.
- Former Abu Ghurayb Detainees To Testify RFE/RL 08 Jan 2005 -- Three former Iraqi detainees are expected to testify in the U.S. military court-martial of the accused leader of the Abu Ghurayb prison abuse scandal.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list