Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
25 December 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- IRAQ/EXPLOSION VOA 25 Dec 2004 -- Eyewitnesses who saw a fuel tanker explode in a Baghdad neighborhood late Friday night, say the vehicle was wired with explosives, and headed for the Jordanian mission when it blew up.
- Operation Wonderland Wraps Up MNFI-MNC-I 25 Dec 2004 -- Marines and Soldiers of the 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force wrapped up Operation Wonderland on Dec. 24, which netted 29 detainees and multiple weapons caches.
- Soldiers Capture Key Leaders of Harun Terrorist Network MNFI-MNC-I 25 Dec 2004 -- Second Brigade Combat Team Soldiers of the of the 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, captured two key leaders of a terrorist group claiming affiliation with Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's terrorist network during sweeping operations in Ar Ramadi.
- Fallujah Resettlement Update MNFI-MNC-I 25 Dec 2004 -- More than 480 residents returned to their homes in the Al Andalus district of the city under the supervision of Iraqi and U.S. forces on Dec. 24, which brought to 1,404 the total number of residents who have returned to the city in the past two days.
- TURKEY/IRAQ/HOSTAGE VOA 25 Dec 2004 -- Unidentified kidnappers are demanding a 25-million-dollar ransom for a Turkish shipping magnate they abducted in Iraq. That's according to a Turkish television channel, which aired video footage of the businessman saying he was captured several days ago.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list