Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
24 December 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- THREE MARINES KILLED IN ACTION
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- 1st First Infantry Division Soldiers Detain Three in Bayji Raid MNFI-MNC-I 24 Dec 2004 -- First Infantry Division Soldiers captured three suspected anti-Iraqi force cell members during raids conducted in Bayji at about 11:30 p.m., December 23.
- Multi-National Forces Disrupt Terrorist Attempts, Detain 38 MNFI-MNC-I 24 Dec 2004 -- Multi-National Forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) prevented a potential car bomb attack and detained 38 suspects in separate operations over the past 24 hours.
- 1st FOB Marez update: Disposition of Wounded MNFI-MNC-I 24 Dec 2004 -- The following is a breakout of affiliations and locations where 76 wounded service members and civilians were transferred to after the attack at Forward Operating Base Marez near Mosul.
- IRAQIS, US FORCES SUPPORT RESIDENTS' RETURN TO FALLUJAH CENTCOM 24 Dec 2004 -- More than 900 residents returned to their homes in the Al Andalus district of the city under the supervision of Iraqi and US forces on Dec. 23.
- INSURGENTS TARGET CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND CIVILIANS IN RAMADI CENTCOM 24 Dec 2004 -- Elements of the 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force responded to attacks by insurgents against the city's local government and civilians here, which may be part of a broader intimidation campaign by the insurgency in advance of the upcoming elections that are slated to occur January 30, 2005.
- Tanks provide BLT 1/2 with powerful punch USMC News 24 Dec 2004 -- Working alongside every company in the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit's Battalion Landing Team, the Marines of Tanks Platoon, 1st Battalion, 2nd Marines, have maintained a non-stop operational pace since their arrival here in July.
- Ordnance Disposal Complete on Al Asad USMC News 24 Dec 2004 -- The destruction of almost 5,500 tons of weapons, munitions, and explosives held at Al Asad was completed Dec. 18.
- Rumsfeld Cheers U.S. Troops During Surprise Iraq Visit AFPS 24 Dec 2004 -- During a surprise trip to Iraq Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld today shared Christmas-Eve cheer with U.S. troops serving here and in the cities of Mosul, Tikrit and Fallujah.
- Defense Secretary Rumsfeld Travels to Four Iraqi Cities Washington File 24 Dec 2004 -- Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld traveled to Iraq December 24 to visit with U.S. soldiers and to thank them for their service far from home during the holidays and to stress the importance of their mission.
- DEFENSE SECRETARY VISITS TROOPS CENTCOM 24 Dec 2004 -- Soldiers here were treated to an early Christmas surprise with the visit of U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld on Dec. 24.
- U.S. Defense Secretary Visits Troops In Iraq RFE/RL 24 Dec 2004 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld today made an unannounced visit to troops in the Iraqi city of Mosul, where an apparent suicide bomber killed 22 people at a military dining tent on 21 December.
- MOI CONFIDENT IN ELECTION SECURITY PLAN Iraqi Ministry of the Interior via CENTCOM 24 Dec 2004 -- The Ministry of the Interior (MOI) has developed a comprehensive security plan for the upcoming elections which will ensure a secure environment for Iraqis who are casting their votes.
- TURKEY / IRAN VOA 24 Dec 2004 -- Iran's foreign minister made a surprise visit to Ankara Friday for talks with Turkish President Ahmet Necdet Sezer and Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul.
- IRAQ / CHRISTMAS VOA 24 Dec 2004 -- After a year of church bombings, assassinations, kidnappings, and death threats, many Christians in predominantly Muslim Iraq have canceled plans to attend Christmas observances this year.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list