Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
25 November 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Hunt for insurgents continues south of Baghdad CENTCOM 25 Nov 2004 -- Iraqi, U.S. and British forces rounded up 81 suspected insurgents near Yusufiyah Nov. 25, continuing a three-day-old offensive aimed at restoring security and stability to northern Babil province.
- Soldiers, Iraqi Police nab Suspect in Raid MNF-I/MNC-I 25 Nov 2004 -- An Iraqi citizen provided information that helped Task Force Danger Soldiers and Iraqi Police capture one individual during a raid near Khanaqin at 2:40 p.m., Nov. 24.
- Significant Weapons Cache Discovered at Mosque MNF-I/MNC-I 25 Nov 2004 -- Iraqi Security Forces supported by Marines of the 1st Marine Division of the I Marine Expeditionary Force discovered the largest weapons cache to date in the city of Fallujah. It was found in and around the Sa'ad Abi Bin Waqas Mosque in the Hey Al Shorta District here yesterday.
- Coalition, Iraqi Troops Raid Suspected Rebels' Homes RFE/RL 25 Nov 2004 -- Hundreds of British troops raided the houses of suspected insurgents today in the latest phase of a U.S.-led operation to crack down on guerrilla strongholds south of the Iraqi capital Baghdad.
- IRAQ: IRCS in Kirkuk needs urgent supplies IRIN 25 Nov 2004 -- A branch of the Iraqi Red Crescent Society (IRCS) in the northern city of Kirkuk is in desperate need of materials due to a rise in displacement around the city and is asking for help from other NGOs and the Iraqi government.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list