Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
06 March 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Cavalry captures weapons dealer CENTCOM Release 06 Mar 2004-- Task Force 1st Armored Division soldiers captured a
suspected weapons dealer and his stash of weapons during a raid Friday.
- Democracy 'Messy' but Progress Being Made in Iraq AFPS 06 Mar 2004 -- Coalition officials realize that democracy "is messy" and are not discouraged that the Iraqi Governing Council did not sign the Transitional Administrative Law March 5, said officials in Baghdad today.
- Iraq Standing Up to Terrorist Attacks, President Says AFPS 06 Mar 2004 -- The Iraqi people are making "excellent progress" toward democracy in spite of the terrorist attacks that attempt to derail the process, President Bush said in his weekly radio address today.
- BUSH/IRAQ VOA 06 Mar 2004 -- President Bush says Iraqis are making excellent progress toward a new government, despite this week's failure to sign a new interim constitution. The president's presumptive Democratic opponent in this year's election says Mr. Bush is not adequately protecting U-S troops in Iraq.
- Panel wrestles with religious-violence issues CENTCOM Release 06 Mar 2004-- Drawing upon their common belief in God, an informal
panel discussed whether it is possible for Jews, Christians and Muslims
to promote reconciliation in a war-weary land where religion is often
times blamed for the violence.
- Iraqi Shi'ite Leaders Consult Over Interim Constitution RFE/RL 06 Mar 2004 -- Leading Shi'ite members of the U.S.-appointed Iraqi Governing Council today met with aides to the country's top Shi'ite cleric in an attempt to reach a deal on an interim constitution.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list