Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
18 February 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 18 Feb 2004 [PDF]
- IRAQ / AL-QAIDA VOA 18 Feb 2004 -- The U-S military said Wednesday soldiers have arrested seven militants with suspected ties to al-Qaida.
- IRAQ / BOMBING VOA 18 Feb 2004 -- A car bomb attack early Wednesday at a Polish military base south of Baghdad killed at least 11 people and injured scores of others.
- Screaming Eagles Retrieve Aircraft at Jacksonville Port AFPS 18 Feb 2004 -- Things have come full circle for the soldiers of 8th Battalion, 101st Aviation Regiment. Just over a year ago at Jacksonville, they loaded the helicopters of the "Screaming Eagle" 101st Airborne Division on cargo vessels bound for Kuwait. This week, these same aircraft arrived back at Jacksonville, and many of the same soldiers, now combat-hardened, were waiting for them.
- Iraq: Plans For Iraqi Government In Disarray As UN Prepares Election Recommendations RFE/RL 18 Feb 2004 -- The UN may make recommendations as early as 20 February regarding how to form a sovereign Iraqi government. Meanwhile, earlier plans for the handover of power appear to be in disarray. Many members of the U.S.-appointed Iraqi Governing Council say they no longer accept the original U.S. proposal for a caucus system and are suggesting a host of alternatives of their own.
- Coalition Encouraging Private Business Growth in Iraq AFPS 18 Feb 2004 -- While not precisely a "chicken-and-the-egg" analogy, many in Iraq are asking which comes first, security or prosperity.
- IRAQ: Judiciary receives boost from UK training funds IRIN 18 Feb 2004 -- The Iraqi judiciary has been given a boost with the UK Department for International Development (DFID) providing some US $4 million to rehabilitate the legal system which has been in tatters for the past 30 years.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list